planes without CN

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Bastiaan033

planes without CN

Post by Bastiaan033 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:40 pm

Hi, i am into making liveries, now i saw this plane at my club and really like it, so i would like to make it for condor. The thing is that it has got a registration on the tail and no competition number. Sadly enough i can not enter the registration as competition number (CN) as the CN is limited to just 3 letters/numbers, also i cant enter a space or leave the registration empty, this basicly makes it impossible for me to create this livery.
My question therefore is: is there a way to enter more then 3 letters/numbers as CN and leave the registration empty?

wickid

Re: planes without CN

Post by wickid » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:08 pm

Yes, manually edit the pilot.ini in MyDocuments\Condor\Pilots\"your_pilot_name"

Ps. Zal Per leuk vinden :)
PH-1504, KOE

2P

Post by 2P » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:32 pm

In Condor 1 you could set the color of REG and CN to white in the pilot settings. This made them Trasparent. I drew the REG and CN for my personal skins directly on the skin. This could be the solution for your skin. But in Condor 2 the color white is not transparent in the pilot settings, just a big white area appears, which covers the REG and CN on the skin. Would be great if this would also work in Condor 2 :wink:
There was a thread about a similar topic: https://www.condorsoaring.com/forums/v ... il#p166000
Patrick Portmann 2P

2P

Post by 2P » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:56 pm

I just wanted to show what I mean.
Condor 1 CN/REG color in white vs. Condor 2 CN/REG color in white.
Both ASW-19 have drawn the CN and REG on the skin.
I am also not able to manipulate the pilot.ini in C:\Users\User\Documents\Condor\Pilots\... with spaces instead of numbers or letters and the CN only shows 3 digits, even if I write more than 3 in the .ini file. Am I doing something wrong :?: :?: :?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Patrick Portmann 2P

Paul_UK

Post by Paul_UK » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:53 pm

I don't see that in my Condor 2. I see it as white. You have Grey selected as the colour in your images, not white for the CN number. What you'd need to ensure is that the same RGB values to create the white are used in the paint scheme *.dds file as that used for the White CN number.
Shot35.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....

2P

Post by 2P » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:47 pm

Hello Paul. I guess I didn't do that very clever with the screenshot :oops: The first screenshot was just to show that when I change the .ini file with spaces, an error message appears in the condor menu.
I am aware of the color, I hadn't changed it to white in this screenshot. On your picture you can also see the white fields on the fuselage and tail unit. This covers everything that is drawn on the skin. Strangely enough these fields on the ASW-19 (probably ASW-20 and Pegase too) are grey if I set the CN/REG to white. With CN/REG in grey everythin looks normal with numbers and letters
Patrick Portmann 2P

Bastiaan033

Post by Bastiaan033 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:08 pm

wickid wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:08 pm
Yes, manually edit the pilot.ini in MyDocuments\Condor\Pilots\"your_pilot_name"

Ps. Zal Per leuk vinden :)
I sadly enough can not enter the registration as tail number, but i can leave those empty and just make the registration a part of the livery. This helps me a lot thanks :D .

Paul_UK

Post by Paul_UK » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:26 pm

Hi 2P. Now I understand. You ideally what a transparent patch to appear in place of the white patch that is present in my pic.

Here is an image of my lovely yellow Libelle with my CN etc in white. There is a bug with white, it doesn't display G-PTAL or P78 in white, just large white patches.
Shot36.jpg
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....