Stream write error

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

1ex

Stream write error

Post by 1ex » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:15 pm

I got a new laptop, and reinstalled Condor on it. I use a Passport external drive to store landscapes. I use Condor updater to download the landscapes to the hard drive. The simulator works, but when I tap esc to get the game menu and exit the program, I get a square message with a red circle with an X and the message "Condor 2 Stream write error." The program then locks up. The audio remains constant, but the screen goes blank. Ctrl-alt-del gets me to task manager, where I can end task.

I thought it might have been related to the hard drive. I reformatted it, and reinstalled one landscape with Condor Updater. The problem persists.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Nelson

TheProPilot

Re: Stream write error

Post by TheProPilot » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:38 pm

I have this same problem. Can anyone help? I'm using a second monitor. It didn't do this prior.

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:55 pm

Not related to the number of monitors.

Is the LastTrack.ftr file written correctly?

If yes, try to rename the Logbook.txt In the DOCUMENTS\Condor\Pilots\YOUR_PILOT_NAME

If no, the issue may be caused by some anti-ransomware silently preventing Condor from writing the LastTrack.ftr file

Edited to add : any recent Window update ?
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

TheProPilot

Post by TheProPilot » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:11 am

Bre901 wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:55 pm
Is the LastTrack.ftr file written correctly?

If yes, try to rename the Logbook.txt In the DOCUMENTS\Condor\Pilots\YOUR_PILOT_NAME
I don't see LastTrack.ftr written under the docs/condor/pilot/pilot name folder. But I do see it under the flight tracks folder. Last write date: 11/14/2020. So it is not writting. What do I rename the logbook.txt to? Anything?
Bre901 wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:55 pm
Edited to add : any recent Window update ?
Not that I'm aware of

I appreciate the help! I wasn't getting notified. Sorry for the slow reply.

TheProPilot

Post by TheProPilot » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:51 am

Issue resolved. Those files were sent to my OneDrive without me knowing. So Condor couldn't write to those files. I selected the entire Condor folder in the documents folder and selected "keep files on this device". Problem solved!