Cannot host server anymore

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Rotareneg

Cannot host server anymore

Post by Rotareneg » Mon May 18, 2020 6:56 pm

If I host a server with the in-game multiplayer host function and then try to start the server, I get the progress bar saying "Connecting to localhost" and then "Host not found." In the ServerLog.txt file the only line is "Reason for shutdown: WM_DESTROY message received."

If I run and start the dedicated server it will appear to be running, but I cannot connect to it with the Condor client.

I can connect to other servers just fine, and I used to be able to host a server, but it's been a while since I tried. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling DirectPlay, with no change. I've tried disabling the Windows firewall to no effect.

This is with Condor 2 2.1.3, Windows 10 Pro 1909 build 18363.836.

Rotareneg

Re: Cannot host server anymore

Post by Rotareneg » Mon May 18, 2020 7:39 pm

Well, that's strange... if I change the port I'm using to host from the default 56278 to something like 50000 it works fine!

And another follow up: I rebooted my router and now port 56278 is working fine too. Odd, but whatever. :D

congo

Post by congo » Tue May 19, 2020 4:36 am

I think there is a virtual network device called a loopback device that can cause a port conflict on the same machine with some configurations, I've seen this happen in the past. I make sure that my personal host has always a different port to my dedicated server setups. I also port forward manually, rather than let windows auto configure it, but you got it working so great!

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:10 am

I have the same problem here (same error messages)

It's apparently a firewall (Avast) problem:

if I stop the Avast firewall, the Windows Defender firewall kicks in and asks if it may allow Condor, if agreed, the server starts

If I restart the Avast firewall, the error message comes back although I have deleted the rules for CondorServer and explicitly enabled it when Avast asks for authorisation.

As I don't host races, but use it only for testing purposes it's not a big issue as I know the workaround, but it's still rather bothering ...
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/