Save/load state?

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

ericoschmitt

Save/load state?

Post by ericoschmitt » Thu May 14, 2020 10:56 pm

Hi, is there a way to save/load state? It would be very useful for training purposes without having to spend several minutes to get back to the place you want to be...

Also, a few off topic questions, I'm very new to this: Is there a way to trim the control? where can I learn about online "playing"? Races or just training. Is there something like offline tasks that you can later compare your results in a ranking? And where to download other landscapes?

janjansen

Re: Save/load state?

Post by janjansen » Thu May 14, 2020 11:17 pm

Hi, is there a way to save/load state? It would be very useful for training purposes without having to spend several minutes to get back to the place you want to be...
No, and it wouldnt really be possible for online flying anyway. But you can pause the game when flying offline, alt+tab out and do something else and resume later.
Also, a few off topic questions, I'm very new to this: Is there a way to trim the control?
Yes, there are two ways. Some planes have a stick trim, a trigger on the stick, and you need to assign a button to that trim in condor setup. It trims the plane to the elevator position you have when you press it. Other planes have a trim slider, and you can configure an analog control (like your throttle) in the axis setup, or trim up/down buttons to control it. You can also configure condor to use trim slider in every plane, even those that dont have it, by disabling "stick trim where available" in setup / input.
where can I learn about online "playing"? Races or just training.
Just hop on a server (one where joining is enabled):

https://www.condorsoaring.com/serverlis ... arch=cndr2

See the manual if you need more info, or ask if you have specific questions.
Is there something like offline tasks that you can later compare your results in a ranking?
Yeah, you can download tasks from https://www.condor-club.eu/home/1/ fly the task offline, upload the flight track and compare your result with others. Though its more fun to fly online.
And where to download other landscapes?
Here and there you can find links to google drives, or you can find all of them on condor club. But to get acceptable download speeds, you do have to pay a modest subscription fee.

ericoschmitt

Post by ericoschmitt » Tue May 19, 2020 7:44 pm

Thanks a lot for all!

The load/save state thing was intended for offline use, of course. Such as repeating several cross wind approaches, or training acro, without having to repeat the tow process. That would be great! Maybe there’s a way to add that in the future, and make it unavailable when online..

vnks

Post by vnks » Tue May 19, 2020 8:53 pm

You can create a lesson for your specific scenario - https://www.condorsoaring.com/forums/vi ... 29&t=18113 .