First (very short) flight

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Shalomar

First (very short) flight

Post by Shalomar » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:18 am

I started the Aerotow lesson about five minutes after installing Condor. I was doing fine until it came time to be released. In VR I attempted to mouse over the tow plane release knob. NO BUENO! Every other flight sim lets you use the mouse in the VC! Also I wish there was an option to assign elevator trim to an axis.

Bre901

Re: First (very short) flight

Post by Bre901 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:24 am

Shalomar wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:18 am
... Also I wish there was an option to assign elevator trim to an axis.
There is :
[SETUP] -> [INPUT] -> [Assign controls] -> Trimmer

if you click on [HELP] you have access to the Condor support page giving access to the manual (English and French versions available)

Besides that, the title of your post is misleading: it gives no clue of what's inside :roll:
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

Hennconn

Post by Hennconn » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:25 am

You can assign the elevator trim to an axis, you have to recheck your settings. im at work right now, so i cant tell you, wich setting it is.
Condor has no clickable cockpits, as it is just uneccisary in gliders and propably not worth the effort. You can easily assign everything you need to your stick/keyboard.

Shalomar

Post by Shalomar » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:12 am

Sorry, had a brain fart. I meant to type I wished wheel brakes were on an axis.

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:44 pm

Shalomar wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:12 am
IMHO I think there are more important things then that. It is only used ones in the flight and IRL they hardly work well so you must not count on them in landing... and if you use it, it is mostly 100% or zero... So a key will do fine.

And there are a lot of options outside Condor to handle keys and axis.

I have the gear brake at the end of the spoiler axis. Like it is on the ASK21 or ASK13 for example. But I could also add it to my Pinky Peddle Swith like it is in modern gliders...

MrHerisson

Post by MrHerisson » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:32 am

Shalomar wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:12 am
Wheel brakes are weak, there are only two usefull settings, off and full...no need for an axis here.

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:46 am

On some throttles like the Logitech Throttle Quadrant, the "reverse" position of the lever can be used to simulate a keystroke.

I'm using that for the wheel brake on the axis that is assigned to air-brakes. The good point is that it doesn't prevent the use of the keyboard key, whatever the air-brakes position
... but I don't think I ever used that key since then, I only use the wheel-brake to stop the plane after landing. At that time fully extended air-brakes are not really a problem :mrgreen:
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/