CUP file that matches scenery

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

MrHerisson

CUP file that matches scenery

Post by MrHerisson » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:54 am

Hi,
as a XCSoar user, I use .cup files that are available on the XCSoar site.

However, they do not always match airfields in Condor.
Is there a way to import some .cup file from Condor to XCSoar so that I have all and only the airfields from Condor.

I have seen this topic
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13020
but it is kinda old and, from what I read, does some kind of merge between existing cup and airports from Condor, which could lead me to look for a IRL airport that does not exist in this scenery.

Thx for your ideas.

Bre901

Re: CUP file that matches scenery

Post by Bre901 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:14 am

MrHerisson wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:54 am
I have seen this topic
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13020
but it is kinda old and, from what I read, does some kind of merge between existing cup and airports from Condor, which could lead me to look for a IRL airport that does not exist in this scenery.
The idea is to merge the data from the Condor .cup and .apt files, so this should not happen (however the high-res XCSoar maps usually contain RL airports and land-out fields)

Beside that, if you use CoTaCo to convert condor FPLs to XCSoar TSKs, take a look at the manual page 3 :
NOTE: if XCSoar finds a turn point in the .cup file, all the information (including its name) will be taken from the file, not from the converted task file, this may result in loss of min. or max. altitude
display.
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

MrHerisson

Post by MrHerisson » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:06 am

Thanx for the infos, i'll give it a try
Bre901 wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:14 am
... (however the high-res XCSoar maps usually contain RL airports and land-out fields)
Do you mean that I might see airfields on the map that are not in the scenery....just the names but not the Icons (airfield, landable field etc...).

The thing is that I sometimes fly with no particular direction in mind...follow the wind, go check that nice mountain, exploring etc...
then, when I am done, I ask XCSoar for the nearest airfield.
It (often/sometimes) happens that the mapmaker did not include this field and that I need to land....well....somewhere.

This is what I am trying to avoid.

wickid

Post by wickid » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:16 am

MrHerisson wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:06 am
Thanx for the infos, i'll give it a try
Bre901 wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:14 am
... (however the high-res XCSoar maps usually contain RL airports and land-out fields)
Do you mean that I might see airfields on the map that are not in the scenery....just the names but not the Icons (airfield, landable field etc...).

The thing is that I sometimes fly with no particular direction in mind...follow the wind, go check that nice mountain, exploring etc...
then, when I am done, I ask XCSoar for the nearest airfield.
It (often/sometimes) happens that the mapmaker did not include this field and that I need to land....well....somewhere.

This is what I am trying to avoid.
In the specific landscape folder there is a cup file for the scenery. You can use this one in XCSoar as well. It should only include the airfields and turnpoints that are actually in the scenery. To do it copy the scenery cup file to your devices XCSoarData root folder and select it via the setup menu in XCSoar as you would select the ones you download from the server. If you are using an android device it is usually: InternalStorage\XCSoarData
PH-1504, KOE

MrHerisson

Post by MrHerisson » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:26 am

Thx again for the info

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:51 pm

wickid wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:16 am
In the specific landscape folder there is a cup file for the scenery. You can use this one in XCSoar as well. It should only include the airfields and turnpoints that are actually in the scenery.
The Condor cup file does not necessarily contain the airports available in the landscape, to make sure, you have to merge the .cup file with the .apt file (it's better to make a new file rather than overwrite the original cup file)
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

MrHerisson

Post by MrHerisson » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:59 pm

Can't wait to try it

MrHerisson

Post by MrHerisson » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:20 am

This tool does exactly what I wanted...thx