"Could not open texture file" message

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Spir

"Could not open texture file" message

Post by Spir » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:52 pm

Hello, after quite a long pause using Condor, I just downloaded Condor2. Everything went well until I tried "Free Flight". I imediately get the error message "Could not open texture file" and, after pressing "OK", a message window stating "Slovenia2 is not installed / corrupted."

I am using Windows 10 and Condor 2.0.7 (which is the version I got right after my purchase, I did not apply any patch).

Any idea ??

If I try "Flight Lesson", I only get the "Could not open texture file" message a number of times, and then Condor crashes.

Thnks

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Re: "Could not open texture file" message

Post by EDB » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:12 pm

Try to install it again.
And maybe check your HDD's/SSD's...

Spir

Post by Spir » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:03 pm

It took a bit of fiddling, but I eventually managed to find out what happend, so just in case...

I installed Condor2 logged "as usual", i.e. with administrator rights. Somehow, the whole c:\Condor2 was "read only" for all users. I had to right click on the Condor2 folder, then click "Properties", then, under the Security tab, click on Users and "Modify" to allow "Total control".

Now, everything works just fine !

I got a clue about what was happening when I tried to install a scenery from condor-club, and 7-zip could not unpack the file to Condor2/Landscapes...

Sprool

Post by Sprool » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:00 pm

Thank you - this solved my problem!

CdLHM

Post by CdLHM » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:28 am

For your information I got the same issue after installing Condor2 : texture file and Slovenia2 corrupted messages. The issue was solved by installing Condor2 on C:/ (Windows) instead of D: /(Data disk).