Game Freezez / Landscape fails to refresh.

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

janjansen

Re: Game Freezez / Landscape fails to refresh.

Post by janjansen » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:29 am

Im still not convinced the problem is not a hardware issue with the gpu. You never mentioned temperatures, what temps are you seeing on the GPU? The AMD stress test you ran, I assume tested the CPU, not GPU? Other games work fine, but they will not tax the GPU the way condor does, as most games are far more CPU constrained and will struggle to produce 60FPS on your machine. Condor is very light on the CPU, so if you disable vsync, you can really max out the GPU and probably produce 200+ FPS.

Two more things to try:
- run a directx 11 stress test like https://benchmark.unigine.com/heaven, note and report temps (overheating GPU seems the most plausible explanation at this point).
- enable vsync in condor. This will cap your framerate at 60 FPS, which could mean a significant reduction in GPU load (and thus temps).

The latter is a bit of a bandaid, if you really have a heating problem, you want to solve it properly by cleaning out the GPU cooler or improving airflow in your case.

blacksun

Re: Game Freezez / Landscape fails to refresh.

Post by blacksun » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:17 am

You could try fullscreen windowed emulated or even just windowed. That should allow you to alt-tab or press the left windows key to get the mouse cursor to appear, then try clicking on the condor window and see if it 'starts working again'. It sounds very very much like the problem I have as mentioned above, I have to lift the rift headset off then press the command key then select condor window etc, sometimes alt-tab works but you have to press it a number of times to get back to the condor window.