Flight Plan files

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

gsurfdude

Flight Plan files

Post by gsurfdude » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:28 pm

Hello again,

I downloaded several lessons from http://glidercfi.com/trainingresources/ ... ng-flight/ (this is just one link, there's more..)

My question is that these are for Condor V1. I noticed that the flight plan files can be edited with wordpad. In these the first line is

[Version]
Condor version=1150

Can this be changed to match my Condor version so I can use these?

Thanks in advanced...

G...

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Re: Flight Plan files

Post by EDB » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:45 pm

It depends on how much time you are willing to spent on them, because you might have to edit 80% of the variables...

.fpl files are landscape specific and Condor v1 landscapes are incompatible with Condor v2 so it depends on if airport and turnpoint coordinates, altitudes and names are the same. Probably not. Not all the V1 gliders are there in V2 (no ASK13). The weather model has been updated etc.

I think it will be easier if you have the v1 task open in free flight and then try to mimick the flightplan in v2 manual by comparing settings in the GUI.

Personally I think it is just a waist of time IMHO. Just make a flightplan yourself for what you want to train yourself... That's the beauty of a sim. YOU can control variables yourself...

If you want to learn to fly a glider then join a glider club. You can fly solo in two or three weeks. Depending on how fast you learn. The younger you are, the faster you will be flying solo....

gsurfdude

Post by gsurfdude » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:02 pm

Thank for the reply. I actually do belong to a club. We wanted to see if implementing a simulator to help students learn. I have Condor 2 and it's fairly good for some stuff. The cross country training is good, aerotows etc..

I just don't know enough about the software and how it really works. And, with out a lot time to make flight plans like these; I just was hoping I could use it without having to do a ton of work.. But, thanks for the info...

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:32 pm

The Condor GUI is quite simple. These learning tasks are quite easy to setup...

The only thing that needs quite a lot of experience is to set weather for tasks that are almost impossible to complete. One small setting change can give big differences...