Error initializing Direct3D

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Kvaari

Error initializing Direct3D

Post by Kvaari » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:11 pm

Everytime I try to use VR mode with Samsung Odyssey, I get this error "Error initializing Direct3D. Check Setup -> Video options."

I have tried to install everything over again: SteamVr, Oculus software, Revive, Condor2 without any help.

I tried to drag and drop Condor.exe to ReviveInjector_x64. At first it complained about missigs dll:s. After I copied the missing dll:s to the folder, I get this error: "Exception ElnOutError in module Condor.exe at 0026F0CA. Invalid filename."

What should I do?

Some specs:
GeForce Game Ready Driver v417.45 installed. (updated to this driver, didn't help)
Condor and Steam is installed on D-drive, Oculus in on C-drive.

Windows 10, v1809 (updated to this version, didn't help)
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3
GTX 1080

janjansen

Re: Error initializing Direct3D

Post by janjansen » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:22 am

Have you tried disabling MSAA in condor?

JBr

Post by JBr » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:38 am

Are other Oculus apps working fine? Try to run Condor via the Revive system tray icon (right-click, Inject...).

Kvaari

Post by Kvaari » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:30 pm

Disabling MSAA has no effect.

I have tried Oculus Dreamdeck and First Contact successfully and added other software to Oculus library, but haven't been able to add Condor.

There is no "inject" or other submenu options, when I right-click Revive Dashboard's taskbar icon. Just "attach to the taskbar" and "close window" etc.

Edit.
Got it now. Revive Dashboard only shows in the systray, when Odyssey is connected. Otherwise it only shows in the taskbar. Now I know the difference of those places. Maybe I haven't looked at the systray before, when the Odyssey was connected earlier and thought it isn't really necessary to connect the headset when I tried to make things work.

Next step is to solve how to stop flickering. The scale of the glider is also wrong, but that is a known problem already.

Thank you for your help.