Condor 2.04 Direct3D or access violation error on start

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Nikolaus

Condor 2.04 Direct3D or access violation error on start

Post by Nikolaus » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:42 pm

Hi guys,

after using Condor 2 (done the latest update 2.04) for over a year now I suddenly get the following error window when starting Free Flight:
------------------
ERROR
Creating Direct3D 11 framework for PlaneViewer.
Check your setup in SETUP -> GRAPHICS
------------------

When I choose Flight School and a lesson therein I get this little window:
-----------------
Condor 2
Access violation at address 006DA61F in module "Condor.exe"
Read of address 000000000
--------------------

This is what I have allready tried:
- Change from windowed to Full screen
- Delete all sceneries
- Delete Condor2 and reinstall

All efforts to no avail.

Anyone had this before and can suggest a solution?

Thx!
Nikolaus

janjansen

Re: Condor 2.04 Direct3D or access violation error on start

Post by janjansen » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:19 pm

Ive seen an almost identical report, but I wonder if that was from you (via Cadfael from condorworld). Are you the person who ran windows 7 and encountered this problem after you upgraded to windows 10? Using a geforce 1050 ?

If that is you, then the problem seems really specific to you, maybe you have a corrupted directx or driver issue. You could try some other directxt11 apps to see if that works, like this benchmark:
https://benchmark.unigine.com/heaven

or you could consider reinstalling windows all together.

If thats not you then can you provide some more info on windows version, GPU, driver version and any guesses regarding when this problem first occurred?

Nikolaus

Post by Nikolaus » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:00 pm

Hi Janjansen,

Thank you for your quick response! No, I am not Cadfael from condorworld. My system ran Condor very well for quite some time.

Here is my setup:
- Windows version: 10, 1809 build,
- GPU: NVidia GTX675MX
- driver version: 353.24 (tried newer drivers but that did not haelp and I went back to the one recommended - I am not a Gamer so don't need the latest bit of performance)
- guesses when problem first occurred: ...hmmmm... haven't changed anything knowingly since I used Condor last in late summer.

Ran dxdiag and everything seemed fine. Will give your test a go and see if someting comes up!

Nikolaus

Nikolaus

Post by Nikolaus » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:53 pm

...but Janjansen, you lead me to RESOLVE the issue!

Tried your Benchmark and got a Direct3d error as well, stating it can not even switch the display resolution. Made me think....after the lates fall update, maybe Windows struggled with the Nvidia Driver...? So I installed the latest drivers and everything seems to work perfectly now!

Thanks for your time and thoughts, it is always good to have someone point into a new direction of resoving things!

Gotta go now, heard conditions are ideal in southern Morocco and my glider just came back from maintanance :lol:
Nikolaus