Turnpoint Window problems

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

congo

Turnpoint Window problems

Post by congo » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:22 am

When I set tasks in Condor2, I set up the turnpoint window parameters and those settings
do not work during the flight, with the windows appearing in the wrong altitudes or other anomalies.

I do not fully understand the bug, some turnpoint windows work, and others don't,
also, I have seen the same bug in other people's tasks as well, where the flight planner and map
show the correct info, but in the task, the window is not correct.

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Re: Turnpoint Window problems

Post by EDB » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:31 pm

Never seen it.

FPL files and screenshots please.

CHDEN

Post by CHDEN » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:03 pm

Yes, we already had this problem when we arrived on a flight to Reumion Island.

The window was set at 200 meters but the frame on the post was at 1200 meters.

The PDA was well set at 200 meters for a correct arrival.

I don't have the fpl anymore!!!!!

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:11 pm

Ftr?
Igc?

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:19 pm

The issue has been reported already (Cascade Range - 2018-09-12)
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

CHDEN

Post by CHDEN » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:33 am

congo

Post by congo » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:07 am

I see it on Jura Mt Blanc as well, is scenery suspect? I doubt it.

congo

Post by congo » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:10 am

CHDEN wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:03 pm
Yes, we already had this problem when we arrived on a flight to Reumion Island.

The window was set at 200 meters but the frame on the post was at 1200 meters.

The PDA was well set at 200 meters for a correct arrival.

I don't have the fpl anymore!!!!!
I was on that flight, and DNF after leading the race :P

Vale

Post by Vale » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:29 pm

I also have the problem on many places of the Slovenia Landscape. There seem to be some small regions where low level turnpoint do not work.

In the task "Tiefer ueberflug am Meer" there are the following problems:
- TP 3 is lower than you see. So you have to fly below the window, as shown in the PDA
- TP 4 moves 200 m upwards 2 seconds before you arrive, but you have to fly below the window, as shown in the PDA

In the task "Fliegen am Strand" there are following problems:
- TP 4 jumps higher about 200m a minute before you arrive, but you have to fly low as shown in the PDA, i.e. below the window you see
- TP 6 and 7 move down and TP also rotates 1 minute before you arrive, but you have to fly through the shown position. (Look at the screenshot: TP 7 is perpendicular to the river in the PDA and parallel to the river in the game. Here you have to use the window parallel to the river, while on other situations you have to follow the PDA).
- TP 8 sometimes works and sometimes not, without any correlation to the point you fly through. Sometimes you need 10 trials and still it is not accepted, sometimes it works in the first trial. In multiplayer mode some player might be able to end the task and other not.

The problem is identical for free flights and for all players in multiplayer mode.

Link to the two tasks: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qunt8q27167k ... pedRa?dl=0

I tried to change the altitude and position of the windows and also tried to plan the whole task completely a second time, but those turnpoint still do not work, therefore I suppose that there are some bugs in particular regions of the landscape. Other tasks I prepared have no problem. The problem is not that the turnpoints are partially in the ground since on other positions they work.

It is a very annoying problem since you loose a lot of time testing the task after every change.

By the way it is quite silly that you cannot attach the tasks data in this forum and that a 800 kB screenshot is too large^^.

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:21 am

Vale wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:29 pm
I also have the problem on many places of the Slovenia Landscape. There seem to be some small regions where low level turnpoint do not work.

- TP 3 is lower than you see. So you have to fly below the window, as shown in the PDA
- TP 4 moves 200 m upwards 2 seconds before you arrive, but you have to fly below the window, as shown in the PDA

The problem is identical for free flights and for all players in multiplayer mode.

Link to the two tasks: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qunt8q27167k ... pedRa?dl=0

I tried to change the altitude and position of the windows and also tried to plan the whole task completely a second time, but those turnpoint still do not work, therefore I suppose that there are some bugs in particular regions of the landscape. Other tasks I prepared have no problem. The problem is not that the turnpoints are partially in the ground since on other positions they work.

It is a very annoying problem since you loose a lot of time testing the task after every change.
Apparently you did some search on the forum because you found this old thread, but there is a more recent one: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=18690&hilit=window+turnpoint, in which I said one year ago what I am going to repeat here:

The problem is known, it has been identified and reported to the development team.
The display of window type turnpoints after the first one is not correct.
It does not depend on the landscape.

However the tasks are still flyable as it is only a graphical bug. Use screen 3 to navigate to the TP
By the way it is quite silly that you cannot attach the tasks data in this forum
You can paste the flight plan into a code section: [</>] in the toolbar
and that a 800 kB screenshot is too large^^.
Why don't you resize that screenshot ? 1024x768 is quite sufficient
I guess you have plenty of bandwidth, but have you thought of users on phones or with a low bandwidth ?
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

Vale

Post by Vale » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:50 am

Apparently you did some search on the forum because you found this old thread, but there is a more recent one: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=18690&hilit=window+turnpoint, in which I said one year ago what I am going to repeat here:
I found only this one searching "turnpoint window" - I'll have a look at the other if I learn more there!
The problem is known, it has been identified and reported to the development team.
The display of window type turnpoints after the first one is not correct.
It does not depend on the landscape.
Ok I changed some windows into traditional turnpoints with low altitude
However the tasks are still flyable as it is only a graphical bug. Use screen 3 to navigate to the TP
This is normally true, but not for the last turning point in the second task I linked. You can fly exactly in the middle and it still sometimes work and sometimes not.
Why don't you resize that screenshot ? 1024x768 is quite sufficient
Maybe you could give a hint about how large it should be instead of just "too large".

Thank you for your fast reply and greets from Berlin!!

John010

Post by John010 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:58 pm

I seem to have a different window bug.

The helpers display the window correctly vs the PDA and flight plan. But it still dose not register.
This is with only one window at the end or the start of the flight. After many attempts it works or will work from the wrong direction and acknowledge it is the wrong direction.

Very frustrating after a long multiplayer flight, or missing the start when others get it.

Vale

Post by Vale » Sun May 10, 2020 5:33 pm

Did the 2.1.2 update fix the problem with the turning point windows? Since the representation of the sectors was improved, maybe also this little bug was fixed.