New Member question

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

tecorian

New Member question

Post by tecorian » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:39 am

Hello community,
I have just logged in here just in the forum, because we have received a recommendation for this flight simulator.
i hope this post is in the propper area.

My daughter is currently starting the soaring flying school in Austria at the airfield St.Johann in Tirol [LOIJ].
Her trainer said she should practice with condor and the scenery pack "AA". now it looks like that obviously a scene pack for condor 2 is not yet available and I'm obviously too stupid to find and buy condor v1 anywhere.
So, can someone help me as i can buy condor 1 and the scene pack AA?

thanks a lot in advance!

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Re: New Member question

Post by EDB » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:14 am

Personally I would advice to go for Condor 2.0 with for example (hybrid) CW-A (Alps) from Condorworld.eu and then see what landscapes will come next from the Alps region...

But if you still want to go the V1 route...
Condor V1.15 : https://www.condorworld.eu/index.php?produkt=14
Last Updates : http://www.condorsoaring.com/downloads/
Free Landscapes (also AA) : https://www.condor-club.eu/sceneries/0/?o=1

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:08 pm

If she is just starting out, its probably not too critical she cant fly the simulator in the correct area yet, she will be flying close to the airfield for quite some time. So my advice would be to get condor 2 and use one of the sceneries available for V1 (default one is fine, or Cascade range to have some variance) to practice basic flying, towing, landing, thermalling, ridge flying etc.

Well before she is ready to fly cross country in real life, AA should be available for condor 2. I remember reading its due this fall, but I could be wrong on that.

tecorian

Post by tecorian » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:16 pm

Thanks a lot so far for the links and your opinions.
Looks like your are right.
she will do the theory this winter with some flights and starts the "real" flight education in spring 2019, because of the wheater situation up here in the alps during winter.
I just called the flight instructor and he said, it wil be more usefull for her, to get simulator practise in reading instruments than flight experience.
for this, he said, he think the simulator will g ve her not enough feeling, how the airplane moves.
so i will order condor 2 for her learning.

dgtfer

Post by dgtfer » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:04 pm

We've been working hard on AA for Condor2 since april, but there is still a lot to do. By now, almost half of the textures are ready, so it should be fully released in mid 2019.