Mass ftr2igc conversion - Condor front-end

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Pit_R

Mass ftr2igc conversion - Condor front-end

Post by Pit_R » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:06 am

Hello!

Maybe one of skilled programmers we have in community could make such tool? (as front-end to C2, not alone converter).
Problem: for ShowCondorIGC, SeeYou, online igc viewers etc we have to use IGCs - and I like to use those original, made by Condor itself, not those from condor-club.eu. [C-C warning about IGC files: These files are generated from FTR by Condor Club - not by Condor itself - and won't be recognized as valid by CondorFileValidator.exe tool (very small difference in float values due to rounding*) and CRC is not calculated.]
I like to compare flights in SCI, so need to download FTRs from c-c and than 'open ftr/save as igc' - one by one - in Condor. It is annoying and time-consuming. Maybe someone could make AutoHotKey script (or another small app) to do this task automatically? Smthng like: change all ftr to igc (in selected folder)... Or maybe this is possible somehow by recorded macro - but how to ask recorded macro to process next file? ;)
BTW Would be nice to have such mass converter in C2. Next patch maybe? ;)

*) Coz of rounding results at c-c are slightly different, not much but still [screen from SCI], but speed is not calculated:

Rgrds!
P.
No matter where you go... There you are...

:::: Please use this envelope
to send me a PM.