Bought Condor 2, but wanted to fly in Provence scenery

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

bobmorane

Bought Condor 2, but wanted to fly in Provence scenery

Post by bobmorane » Sun May 06, 2018 5:09 pm

Hi forum, after 25 years without flying I'm contemplating joining a club again (Fayence in the southern Alps) and was excited to learn about Condor as a great way to prepare the rebirth :-).

I just bought Condor 2 after I found a Provence scenery from condor-club.eu, however I noticed after the fact that that scenery only worked for Condor 1.

Is there any way to fly from Fayence, ie are there any sceneries including the French souther Alps? Or, having bought the V2, can I also download the V1 without buying it?

BTW, I tried to enter a support ticket, but once I get to the screen asking for the type of issue, the Next button remains grayed out regardless of the radio button selected.

Thanks!

kharmon

Re: Bought Condor 2, but wanted to fly in Provence scenery

Post by kharmon » Sun May 06, 2018 8:43 pm

V1 would be a separate purchase. I don't believe any of the current sceneries for V2 cover the south of france. I would not be surprised if someone is working on a scenery for that area. Meanwhile, there are really several good sceneries (BigPyrenees2, Jura_Mont-Blanc2, Nephi) that I recommend for Condor V2. All available from Condor Club.
8Zulu

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Mon May 07, 2018 10:15 am

I know that dgtfer is making AA for Condor 2. Maybe pm him and ask how its going?
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

bobmorane

Post by bobmorane » Sun May 13, 2018 9:13 pm

Thank you, and sorry for the late reaction - I just subscribed and thought I would receive email notifications to responses.

I'll wait for an update of a scenery on V2 then as I'd love to fly where I flew in real life and where I intend to fly again. I'll load the BigPyrenees2 though as I got my license ages ago in Itxassou :-)

Incidentally I'm about to purchase Edtracker Pro wireless, I believe some users have used it successfully on Condor?

dgtfer

Post by dgtfer » Mon May 14, 2018 11:22 am

OXO wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 10:15 am
I know that dgtfer is making AA for Condor 2. Maybe pm him and ask how its going?
In these recent times we have been 250% loaded by the C2 conversion of California, but Columbia is now ready and we are now fully working on AA2.
This will be a completely new scenery (different calibration , textures, objects, forests(?), water...) and we hope it to be ready before the end of this year, unless we decided to release an uncompleted test version, with for example only the western part...
But however, we need the feedback of Columbia to decide definitely which features we'll keep in AA2.

Crakob

Post by Crakob » Thu May 17, 2018 9:05 pm

Hi bob,
Regarding edtracker.

I bought it to short after purchasing V2

I was very unhappy with the installation and mainly with the functionality. Not very precise.

I sold it and bought the trackIR only with the reflectors wich I mounted to the headset.

This works perfect, the best buy i did for a long time ( condor aside) 😄

So I strongly would recommend trackIR

Christian
Last edited by Crakob on Fri May 25, 2018 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CRAKOB = CRA

bobmorane

Post by bobmorane » Thu May 17, 2018 11:47 pm

Thanks. I purchased a used TrackIR 5 and I am waiting for it to arrive - very impatiently! :-)

bobmorane

Post by bobmorane » Thu May 17, 2018 11:50 pm

BTW, I still can't fly in Fayence........

I looked on the Condor website and didn't find the option to purchase Condor v1 to use the Provence scenery. Their support ticketing tool doesn't work, so I haven't been able to ask them the question.

How can I get Condor v1??? :cry:

Pit_R

Post by Pit_R » Fri May 18, 2018 9:31 am

No matter where you go... There you are...

:::: Please use this envelope
to send me a PM.

Jan Bruinenberg

Post by Jan Bruinenberg » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:39 am

See my next reply :D
Last edited by Jan Bruinenberg on Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jan Bruinenberg

Post by Jan Bruinenberg » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:45 am

dgtfer wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 11:22 am
OXO wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 10:15 am
In these recent times we have been 250% loaded by the C2 conversion of California, but Columbia is now ready and we are now fully working on AA2.
This will be a completely new scenery (different calibration , textures, objects, forests(?), water...) and we hope it to be ready before the end of this year, unless we decided to release an uncompleted test version, with for example only the western part...
But however, we need the feedback of Columbia to decide definitely which features we'll keep in AA2.
@ dgtfer. Very very glad to "hear" that you are developing AA2. We live in the Netherlands and spend 1 or 2 times a year flying in the Provence (from St Auban). So we use the scenery lots of times to get to know the area. Knowing the aera brings "space" in our heads and thus more focus on safety and fun. (Besides the fun of many ours of flying thogether in Condor of course 😎)
So in advance... a million thanks!!

bobmorane

Post by bobmorane » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:16 pm

Installed AA2 on Condor 2 and I just finished practicing outlanding in fields around Fayence. It is just awesome to be able to try it out together with the local "Guide des aires de securité" book of landable fields, makes me feel more comfortable for the day I'll need it.

Thank you @dgtfer!!

Related question, is there a way to start Condor airborne somewhere else than on a runway, precisely to practice outlanding?

dgtfer

Post by dgtfer » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:27 pm

Thank you Bobmorane.
You can build a flight school lesson, you should find infos on this forum.

bobmorane

Post by bobmorane » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:19 pm

Awesome, it's exactly what I was looking for. Txs much