Tasks don't "work" without PDA

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Rotareneg

Tasks don't "work" without PDA

Post by Rotareneg » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:48 pm

I'm not sure if this is intentional or not, but task events like starting, turn points, or finishing, aren't recorded in the flight track if the PDA is disabled. Here's a link to a flight track showing this:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1J576N ... VOIGhmyzQ7
It was too big to attach compressed as a .zip file and the forum doesn't allow 7zip attachments, which I suppose would qualify for a forum related suggestion: allow 7zip attachments. :D

Paul_UK

Re: Tasks don't "work" without PDA

Post by Paul_UK » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:35 am

Are you taking a pic of the start point / turnpoints and finish point using 'S' as you pass it? I think it may have to be looking down the left wing too, a bit like how it was done back in the good ole days using a camera to take pics for proof! You cannot use the rudder to align the wing to the turn point and cheat a little, at least you couldn't in V1 so I assume that has transferred across.

This is the way I have flown a task without a PDA in the past.
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....

Rotareneg

Post by Rotareneg » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:27 am

Ah, that didn't occur to me, I'll do that next time I try a flight without the PDA.

Lenticular

Post by Lenticular » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:10 am

Is there a key bind for this in options or is it hard-coded?? I'd like to assign this to a stick button.
G-ZULU /// LTN

Paul_UK

Post by Paul_UK » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:22 am

I'm not at home so can't check. Just go to the key assignments and check through the list will be the easiest way to check. If screen capture is there binded to S just re-bind it to a joystick button.
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....

SteveK

Post by SteveK » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:29 pm

Lenticular wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:10 am
Is there a key bind for this in options or is it hard-coded?? I'd like to assign this to a stick button.
As you are taking a photo (screenshot) of the turnpoint, reassigning the "Screenshot" key should work - That IS configurable in the "Input" / "Assign Controls" settings.

BA

Post by BA » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:35 pm

AND / OR
JoyToKey

...just click it - a simple program running in the background to bind a keystroke to a joystick button

cheers

pmatioli

Post by pmatioli » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:27 am

I'm newby in Condor simulator. Trying to start a task without PDA in Condor v2 for silver badge and cannot start it. Took many pictures from the start point. Followed all the recommendations in this post but it is not working. Anyone can help me please?

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:34 am

http://www.condor-club.eu/generic/179/

And if you use multiple monitors...
You have to make the picture of the startpoint and turnpoints with your number one monitor.