Forum issues

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Polewka

Forum issues

Post by Polewka » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:23 pm

Hi Tom

Am I the only one that has the issue that after reading all the posts, marking forums read, next time I access the forum, it shows me topics already read as non read. Example: I've read all topics about 4 hours ago (also marked "All forums read" at the index page). When I entered the forum now I've found some posts from yesterday as non read. Is this a cookie issue?

Also I've not found the button for "Unread posts" in the Quick Links panel any more.

P.S. I just read your answer to SteveK on other topic. Maybe it is related.
René
Team Brasil
PT-REP

Tom

Re: Forum issues

Post by Tom » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:27 pm

Hi Rene

I am working on narrowing down a few issues, so disabled some board features temporarily so you may see some changes now and then, but when a phbb board like this one has so many posts and users, indexing can cause huge loads as we have discovered and I am trying to isolate which ones cause it as it basically loads the server so much we get 503 errors everywhere.

Hope you are well, will be nice to race with you again soon!

Thanks!

Tom

Polewka

Re: Forum issues

Post by Polewka » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:37 pm

Thank you Tom

Yes, I was experiencing some 503 errors.

I'm ok and hope you also are well !! :mrgreen:

If you have time, we will be hosting a Championship from April to September, supported by our National Soaring Federation. It is a first try to attract non and new pilots to the sport (http://www.condor-club.eu/comp/show/0/?id=296). But we are still organizing it.
René
Team Brasil
PT-REP