Turn off view centering

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Aussiewalrus

Turn off view centering

Post by Aussiewalrus » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:19 am

I seem to recall having this problem many years ago with C1. I just want to be able to use the mouse to look around, and have the view stay wherever I'm pointing. No view centering at all. So if I look at the wing and take my hand off the mouse, I keep looking at the wing.

I'm playing with the settings and can't seem to make that happen. What am I missing?

Thanks! :)
Tom
Reg-#: G-TOM
Comp-#: TW

Paul_UK

Re: Turn off view centering

Post by Paul_UK » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:09 am

If I am correct in understanding your problem set your mouse input settings to the same as below. Untick 'Left button for mouselook' which is on by default. It is in the Options box on the right of the image. Doing this moving to mouse pans the view without the need to press a mouse button.

2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....

Aussiewalrus

Post by Aussiewalrus » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:39 am

yep, done that already. But it doesn't seem to work. I can very briefly start to move the view, but it's always quickly pulled back to centre, which isn't what I want. I've played with all the settings, and all I seem to be able to do is adjust the severity with which it returns to centre, not turn it off completely!
Tom

Rotareneg

Post by Rotareneg » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:57 am

Turn off auto view panning in the Options tab?

Aussiewalrus

Post by Aussiewalrus » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:26 am

Yeah pretty sure I did that too. I'll check tonight when I'm home and post the screenshots. By turn off you mean set the slider to zero?
Tom

Rotareneg

Post by Rotareneg » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:55 am

Hmm, that's probably not it, I just played around with that setting and it doesn't do anything like that. Here's a old post from someone who was having what sounds like the same problem: viewtopic.php?p=5800#p5800

Maybe you've got some head tracking software running but not being actively used so it's forcing the camera back to the middle.

Someone

Post by Someone » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:01 am

Ensure that "Stick centers with hand off" is unchecked. It somehow influences view panning. I had the same problem and it helped me.

Aussiewalrus

Post by Aussiewalrus » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:48 am

Oh boy, this is really starting to annoy me. It's basically made Condor unplayable. I've tried every combination of the settings I can imagine

All I want is the ability to be able to look around with the mouse in the F1 view, just like you can in the F2 view. Surely this is achievable??

Can anyone confirm this is possible and post a screenshot of their settings? I'd really appreciate it.
Tom

Paul_UK

Post by Paul_UK » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:22 pm

With the settings I posted I can do exactly as you want to do. I look at the wing tip and it stays looking at the wing tip. I can also have 'Left mouse button for look' ticked and it work alas I have to press the left mouse button to enable mouse pan.

Do you have any other peripherals that could be causing the issue?

The suggestion above about third party software causing the issue is also worth looking into.

I'd unplug everything but your mouse and keyboard and test. If this works then you know it's something else plugged into your PC that is causing the issue.
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:

Paul_UK

Post by Paul_UK » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:27 pm

One other thing to try. Change the key assignment for resetting the view? Maybe you have a sticky key on your keyboard.

Aussiewalrus

Post by Aussiewalrus » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:37 pm

Rotareneg wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:55 am
Hmm, that's probably not it, I just played around with that setting and it doesn't do anything like that. Here's a old post from someone who was having what sounds like the same problem: viewtopic.php?p=5800#p5800

Maybe you've got some head tracking software running but not being actively used so it's forcing the camera back to the middle.
YES!!!

Thank you! I should have thought of this. It was an open source tracking program that I was using when having a play with ARMA3 in VR.

Big thank you to everyone for the suggestions. I'm looking forward to playing properly now

Cheers
Tom