Possibility to increase refresh rate of NMEA data?

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

NovaTerrus

Possibility to increase refresh rate of NMEA data?

Post by NovaTerrus » Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:18 pm

Hi all! I'm a real life glider pilot and I've been using Condor 2 for some time now to supplement my training and practice for cross country flight.

One of the things I've found particularly useful has been connecting my own flight computer (SeeYou Navigator running on iOS) with Condor 2 in order to better simulate an actual flight. While it's great for navigation, I've found some of the more advanced features such as the thermalling assistant or certain other features (automatic detection of aerotow, winds aloft, current L/D, etc.) often are either less accurate with 1Hz updates or simply don't work at all in many cases.

I've searched through this forum for more information as to updating the refresh rate or any explanation as to why it's locked at 1Hz but I haven't been able to find anything. Is there a particular reason why we are unable to increase the refresh rate of the NMEA data? Or is this something that is being planned for Condor 3?

All that being said, Condor 2 has still been very helpful as a training tool. Being able to increase the data refresh rate as well as more realistic evolving weather over terrain (something I know is in the works for Condor 3) would both take it to that next level.