Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Bre901

Re: Condor 2- MacBook Pro M1 Max 64GB

Post by Bre901 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:16 pm

ASH33M wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:58 pm
Bre901 wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:50 pm
Just where I told you above, but PILOT_NAME is just a placeholder and should be replaced by your actual pilot name in Condor

I have done this already, and CoTASA still comes up with the error message, the path I know is correct, but do I need to add a additional line to point CoTASA so that it can the controls.ini file.
Nope
CoTASA searches for the controls.ini file in the folder whose path is defined by "Condor 2 Path". PERIOD.
Could you please open a command prompt window and type :
>DIR C:\Documents\Condor\Pilots\PILOT_NAME > list.txt
Then show the content of list.txt.
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

ASH33M

Post by ASH33M » Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:51 pm

Bre901 wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:16 pm
CoTASA searches for the controls.ini file in the folder whose path is defined by "Condor 2 Path". PERIOD.
Could you please open a command prompt window and type :
>DIR C:\Documents\Condor\Pilots\PILOT_NAME > list.txt
Then show the content of list.txt.
Once I'm at the command Prompt I type the following as you have suggested.

>DIR C:\Documents\Condor\Pilots\PILOT_NAME

Once Enter key is pressed I then get the following message from the Command Prompt.

"The system cannot find the path specified." Not sure why but hopefully will try to explain below.

I'm using Windows 11, once on the desktop to get to the correct folder I click on the following below using File Explorer.

>This PC
>Local Disk (C:)
>Users
>PILOT_NAME
>Documents

This folder is empty of files.

If I then go back to File Explorer and click on the following.

>This PC
>Documents (Documents which is showing as a blue folder which is in a list with other folders also in blue on the left side of the , Desktop, Downloads, Documents, Pictures.
>Condor
>Pilots
>PILOT_NAME

List of files which now can be seen inside this folder.

AddressBook.ini
controls.ini
Flightplan.fpl
logbook
pilot.ini
Setup.ini

So is the path still correct or is it because it should be different.

Hope this makes sense.

ASH33M

Post by ASH33M » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:56 pm

Having looked into this more, I think this is what the correct address would be as I'm using Parallels 17 and Windows 11.

\\Mac\Home\Documents\Condor\Pilots\PILOT_NAME

Looking on my MacBook I can also see these Condor files.

Question if I may, will I need to re-write the Condor 2 Path or is there something else that I may need to do.

ASH33M

Post by ASH33M » Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:35 pm

ASH33M

Post by ASH33M » Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:35 pm

ASH33M

Post by ASH33M » Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:52 pm

From the following 2 screenshots, I have managed to get CoTASA working. This is what I have done and gone about it, please do correct me if I have done something wrong and if it will affect anything when flying in Condor 2.

Because I'm using both Parallels 17 and Windows 11 Home Edition.

Once I have installed Condor 2 the following folders and folder/files were installed.

>>Mac
>Home
>Documents
>Condor
>Pilots
>PILOT_NAME

Inside PILOT_NAME folder is where the following files are needed by CoTASA to run this application.

AddressBook.ini
controls.ini
Flightplan.fpl
logbook.txt
pilot.ini
Setup.ini

When using Windows 11 Command Prompt, unable to locate the correct folder because of the above Mac OS path.

The actual location of the files required by CoTASA with the following Path.

Condor 2 Path=C:\Documents\Condor\Path\PILOT_NAME

I simply copied the folder from Documents to from one area to another, not sure if CoTASA or Condor 2 will be effected in any way.

Or should a Symbolic Link be made instead.

I then finally made a quick test flight, just flying at different speeds and changing some flap settings and everything seemed to work as expected.

I have not made any changes to CoTASA, so I will now read the CoTASA Manual more and make some adjustments, then fly a couple of online tasks to see if there is any difference.

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:11 pm

I have no experience of running Condor on a Mac, but if it works I guess it's OK

ASH33M

Post by ASH33M » Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:35 pm

Bre901 wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:11 pm
I have no experience of running Condor on a Mac, but if it works I guess it's OK

That's ok, I will do a little more testing and may send a PM with my results.

At the moment CoTASA seems to be working well.

ASH33M

Post by ASH33M » Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:06 pm

With CoTASA, I would like to change the size of the artificial horizon and move it up slightly, also increase the size of the telemetry that's currently in the top right of the screen and maybe change the location slightly.

How do you go about this?

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:08 am

ASH33M wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:06 pm
With CoTASA, I would like to change the size of the artificial horizon
# ARTIFICIAL HORIZON
# window size (0 = no)
AH size=150
and move it up slightly,
# Horizontal position : L(eft) C(enter) R(ight) or pixel value (Left=0)
AH hor. position=R

# Vertical position : T(op) C(enter) B(ottom) or pixel value (Top=0)
AH ver. position=C
also increase the size of the telemetry
# Font selection (default = arialbd/24, the file NAME.tff must exist on your system)
Font name=ebrimabd
Font size=24
that's currently in the top right of the screen and maybe change the location slightly.
# Horizontal position : L(eft) C(enter) R(ight) or pixel value (Left=0)
Hor. position=R

# Vertical position : T(op) C(enter) B(ottom) or pixel value (Top=0)
Ver. position=77

Besides that, you can change most parameters with the configuration dialog box (hit "C" when CoTASA has focus)

Reading the manual might help too ...

ASH33M

Post by ASH33M » Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:48 pm

Bre901 wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:08 am
Besides that, you can change most parameters with the configuration dialog box (hit "C" when CoTASA has focus)

When CoTASA has focus you press the "C" key, nothing happens, not sure when CoTASA is in focus or not.
Bre901 wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:08 am
Reading the manual might help too ...

Yes of course, I'm sure it will, at the moment trying to get a good understanding of how CoTASA works and all the settings in CoTASA.ini file. :wink:

ASH33M

Post by ASH33M » Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:08 pm

Update #1,

What have I been up to over the last few weeks. I have uninstalled, re-installed Condor 2 along with the many applications, changing many settings to get a better understanding of how these applications work under Windows 11 especially when using Parallels 17 application.

Condor 2
Installing Condor 2 is an easy and simple process, once the installation has been completed simply enter your activation code, then job done, no issues.

CoTASA
Now having a better understanding of how CoTASA works, on re-installing Parallels 17, then Windows 11, there are no issues at all, only thing I need to do is add and change some of the settings in the CoTASA.ini file and then CoTASA starts straight away without any issues.

Condor Updater
No issues at all, just enter the code from Condor Club and then change where you will install Condor Scenery, only one error that I came across was when downloading a particular scenery, there was an error saying that one of the zip files was corrupt, tried again to install the same scenery, no issues.

VR
This is something that I will look into and does interest me, making sure I make the right choice.

Condor 2 Gliders
I have come across a particular issue with a Condor 2 Glider using a scenery, going to complete some more testing to try and find out what the particular issue is, but what I'm currently seeing I think it maybe a bug. Once I have more understanding of what I think the issue is may report this to the Condor Team or Beta Team, but think it could be a bug, but at the same time it could be an error on my part depending on the Condor 2 Settings that I have set.

Condor Scenery Toolkit
This area is something I would like to look into if I find the time and effort to do so, to see and check if there are any issues.

Multi Player Server
I have not done much testing in this area, but would like to do more. About a week ago, joined a server with around 20 pilots flying, no real issues to report with a good low ping number.

ASH33M

Post by ASH33M » Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:05 pm

Some great news I now have set the screen resolution to 7680 x 4320, everything is still set to max and getting an average frame rate between 60 - 70 fps.

Downloaded approximately half of all the sceneries available for C2, and no issues from Condor 2 accessing the external HD where most of the sceneries are installed.

Screenshot images that I'm now taking are simply stunning.

ASH33M

Post by ASH33M » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:27 pm

Parallels 18 has just been released.

https://www.parallels.com

Now more testing on running Condor 2 on Windows 11.

This is a free upgrade as I have the Professional version of Parallels 18.

ASH33M

Post by ASH33M » Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:11 pm

Some very interesting results using Parallels 18 and Windows 11 Home Edition.

With everything set to Max and there would be no need to change any settings. Paralles 18 seems to slow everything down, not sure what the actual problem is, but currently talking to the designers of Parallels 18.

When trying to fly in Condor 2, the average. frame rate is about 8fps, this is very low and is not unworkable, it's also very difficult to change any of Parallels 18 settings.

So now back to using Parallels 17, no issues at all even when using a screen resolution of 7680 x 4320.