Unable to configure (previously working) joystick

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Kessa

Re: Unable to configure (previously working) joystick

Post by Kessa » Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:53 pm

Hi Paul
Surely the best option is to go and download the appropriate Windows 10 drivers
Sadly there are no Windows 10 drivers for my joystick, so that’s not an option. Installing the latest drivers (in this case, Windows Vista) and setting the system to use compatibility mode is what’s always worked for a Condor until the last update.

Sadly when tried without the vista driver then the joystick just didn’t work.
Condor Competition ID - TK2

Sprool

Post by Sprool » Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:31 pm

Well this is the first post I came to in a search for solving the same problem. I now have a Quest 2 vr headset, and returned to Condor2 to try it out, but the joystick is not responding even though I set it all up again. I have thrustmaster rudder pedals that work fine. Its been a while since I flew Condor2 but the joystick was working fine then (maybe early 2022)

Kessa

Post by Kessa » Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:29 pm

Sorry to hear you’re having the same problem. It seems several other people are too. I haven’t been able to use Condor in over a year.
Condor Competition ID - TK2

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:18 pm

There have been no changes in Condor regarding joysticks. Condor uses what Windows provides. Your joystick needs to work in Windows and needs to be calibrated correctly. Nothing more, nothing less.

The only thing that can currently still happen is Condor window losing focus by stuff happening in Windows or other software hijacking. Configure your system to prevent this from happening.

If you use tracking software other then TrackIR, then those are hijacking TrackIR functionality. If you get problems in this area you need to completely wipe this software from your system when you run into troubles. Not using it doesn't help. They hijack your system and screw your system.