Unable to configure (previously working) joystick

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Kessa

Unable to configure (previously working) joystick

Post by Kessa » Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:34 pm

Hi All,

I've not used Condor 2 for a couple of years as my PC was running Vista (yeah, it's that old :lol: ) so it got to a stage where I needed to find some time to update it to Windows 10 which I've only recently found the time to do (The PC itself is actually in really good condition, and running fine for most tasks that I need to do on it which is why I haven't scrapped it... yet)

Anyway.... pre-Covid I was flying Condor 2 on the PC using my Saitek Cyborg 3D Digital joystick and it all worked fine. That's when it was running Vista. Fast forward and the PC is now running Windows 10 and the joystick doesn't appear to be working correctly in Condor.

The joystick appears to be working fine as when I "test" it in Windows "Setup USB Game Controllers" test and calibration feature, it correctly identifies every action and button press and displays a different combination of numbers for each..... so far, so good.

If I load up Condor 2 (V2.1.8 ) however, and go into the settings and try to re-map the controls, the tool in Condor doesn't seem to correctly recognise each of the different buttons (such as the "hat toggle" (which I used to use for changing my view) or the throttle leaver (which I used to use for my air-brakes).

For example, if I select "view pan left", and re-map it so that it corresponds to when the hat toggle is moved left, it assigns it "button 0". However, if I then try to set "view pan right", if I move the hat toggle right, it removes "button 0" from "view pan left" and re-assigns "button 0" to "view pan right" instead.

The same happens for various other buttons on my joystick, and the throttle isn't recognised at all so I can no longer set it for my airbrakes. Therefore, although Windows 10 seems to be correctly identify each as being a different button/action, Condor 2 doesn't.

(I've tried re-installing the drivers using "Compatibility mode" for "Windows Vista" and "Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)" in case that helped at all, but sadly the issue persists.)

It also doesn't seem to be recognising my Thrustmaster ruddle pedals at all (again, these worked fine previously and are being recognised by Windows)

Any ideas how I can fix it?

Thanks
Condor Competition ID - TK2

wickid

Re: Unable to configure (previously working) joystick

Post by wickid » Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:34 pm

POV hat has a separate assignment just below the axis:
POV.png
Don't assign it to the snap view assignments. They are meant for, for example, the numpad buttons.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PH-1504, KOE

Kessa

Post by Kessa » Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:13 pm

Hi Wickid

I've had a look at the POV hat setting you mentioned but sadly that doesn't detect any hat movements on the joystick (it doesn't even try to allocate to "button 0" as the other settings did).

Thanks for the suggestion though - much appreciated

Any other ideas?

Kessa

Post by Kessa » Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:52 pm

Any other ideas or can any of the developers help? Thx

Kessa

Post by Kessa » Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:47 pm

Just a quick update to say it looks like a number of other users have started to report issues with joysticks and rudders no longer working with Condor.

Here are a couple of other examples of a users experiencing issues; each with a different make of joystick:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=21213

And
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=21148

As this seems to be a growing issue, I wondered if the developers had any ideas?

Thanks

kevin1566

Post by kevin1566 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:36 pm

Me Too just bought it wont recognize my Speedlink Phantom Hawk, dont think its me it works fine with the rest x-plane etc

Kessa

Post by Kessa » Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:10 pm

Does anyone know if any of the developers are on here?

If so, is there a way to tag them to find out if this is a known issue, as it seems to be affecting a number of people following the earlier release. Thanks

wickid

Post by wickid » Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:13 pm

There are 2 developers. OXO and Uros. OXO reads the forum regularly.
PH-1504, KOE

Kessa

Post by Kessa » Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:30 pm

@OXO @Uros - Is this something you can help with please?

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:31 pm

Have you previously used freetrack or trackir?
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

spspears

Post by spspears » Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:22 am

OXO wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:31 pm
Hi OXO, I've been having a similar problem of my joystick not responding when I use head tracking. I'm using AITrack with OpenTrack. There seems to be no problem with controllers when the head tracking software is off.

Kessa

Post by Kessa » Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:18 pm

Hi @Oxo.

No, never even heard of them :)

Kessa

Post by Kessa » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:46 pm

@Oxo @Uros - Just checking if you’ve seen the a above and have any ideas?

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:47 pm

No, no idea I'm sorry.
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

Paul_UK

Post by Paul_UK » Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:12 pm

Why are you trying to reinstall Vista drivers in compatibility mode? Surely the best option is to go and download the appropriate Windows 10 drivers. Before installing do your best to un-install the old Vista drivers.

I lost use of my rudder pedals recently, Saitek Combat Pro. I assume it was a windows 10 update that caused my issue. I removed the current driver, unplugged my rudder pedals then re-installed my Windows 10 compatible driver and all was good again.

It is a little odd they everything is being recognised by Windows and not in Condor though. 1st call has to be dump all old Vista drivers from your system and replace with Window 10 drivers. Once you have chosen to delete / remove the drivers once that operation is complete unplug the device from your PC until you are told to plug each device back in when installing the new Win 10 drivers.

Sometimes computers can also be fussy about which USB port you plug devices into. My work laptop is terrible for this. Keyboard will only work in a certain USB socket, as will my USB headset. I've no idea why, it's nothing to do with USB 3 etc. First things first though, clean out the old, install the new and let us know how it goes.
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....