Condor 2 with Xbox One gamepad

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Mine Mine

Condor 2 with Xbox One gamepad

Post by Mine Mine » Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:59 pm

Hello everyone,

I just re-installed C2, on a Windows 11 system, and want to keep things simple by using my Xbox One gamepad with it.

The gamepad tests fine in Windows' USB Game Controllers and works with MSFS but has issues with C2 - or C2 has issues with it.

I can map the ailerons and elevator to the right stick and rudder to the left and right triggers no problem. That's about all I can do.

The hat switch registers in C2's setup but doesn't do anything in the cockpit and none of the buttons are recognized at all in the setup screen.

To add to the weirdness of this problem even the numpad view keys don't do anything - with NumLock on or off.

I've set C2's executable to be compatible with Windows 8 and to Run as Administrator but neither has helped.

As a workaround I've tried using a program called Keysticks to map some of the most essential keyboard commands to the gamepad's buttons and hat switch but, so far, that hasn't worked.

Has anyone had this problem and solved it?

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Re: Condor 2 with Xbox One gamepad

Post by EDB » Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:51 pm

Mine Mine

Re: Condor 2 with Xbox One gamepad

Post by Mine Mine » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:27 pm

Thanks for the suggestion.

Keyclicks and xmapper, for some reason, didn't work. Maybe joytokey.net would but...

I did figure out how to map the gamepad's buttons. I had to double-click in the Device column rather than the Action one. To me that's not intuitive and I don't remember having to do that a couple of years ago when I first got C2. I am getting old though. :?

The Hat Switch, while already mapped, remains useless in sim - as do the keypad keys. Weird.

At least I have the essentials: airbrakes, flaps, and trim mapped now.