Joystick sporadic stuck full elevator

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

mockman

Joystick sporadic stuck full elevator

Post by mockman » Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:50 pm

Hello guys,

I have recently experienced a problem in Condor 2 with my joystick. During midflight the elevator eventually gets stuck fully negative, which results in a negative loop and a crash of the glider, meanwhile the other axis and buttons are still working. Before that happens, the joystick acts perfectly fine. If I restart the flight, the problem is gone. I also cannot reproduce the problem in the game controller settings of windows. The joystick works fine in other games like MSFS without getting stuck. It's kinda frustrating during competition races, it occurred in 1 out of 3 recent flights.

Has someone else experienced similar issues?
Is there something I can try to fix this problem, before I throw money on a new joystick?

Thanks for your help,
Mockman

Re: Joystick sporadic stuck full elevator

Post by 6266 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:08 pm

Do you have modified the landscape? Is it always the same landscape and the same region where it happens?

Try to reinstall the landscape.
Visit https://www.baleit.no

Vintage Series 24, The Journey
25 landscapes with free available textures, newest: Maine

Discord https://discord.gg/bAXJaRT6ZC

mockman

Post by mockman » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:08 pm

I don't think I tampered the landscape data. It happened three times on AA2 0.8, since it is my favourite map. It didn't happen on AA2 0.7. I am going to reinstall the landscape and see if it makes any difference. I'll also try another map and have a look.
Greetings

mockman

Post by mockman » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:11 pm

I tried it with different landscapes and the problem occurs regardless of the scenery.

wickid

Post by wickid » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:26 pm

Try to fly a flight with the mouse as joystick. That way you can rule out a joystick issue.

There is a copy/cheat protection for landscapes built in Condor that can give a full elevator down if it triggers. What also may help is running Condor as administrator. Maybe Condor doesn't get access to the correct landscape data and triggers the cheat protection. Could be virus scanner as well blocking access to certain files because it is scanning them.
PH-1504, KOE

mockman

Post by mockman » Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:19 pm

The problem has been fixed. I completely wiped Condor2 and reinstalled it including new Landscapes.
Thanks for the troubleshooting! Without your help I would have guessed a hardware error and got a new joystick.

mockman

Post by mockman » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:04 pm

unfortunately the problem occurs again.:( Does anyone have another idea?

Mine Mine

Post by Mine Mine » Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:38 pm

Hey mockman,

This might be a longshot but I had a similar issue with my Xbox One gamepad with msfs. The rudder would sometimes stick to one side or the other; sometimes worked fine. It seems that the problem was with using a USB cable that connects magnetically to the gamepad - with a compatible connector plugged into it. Since switching to a normal, non-magnetic connection the problem has not happened.

So if you too use magnetic connectors - available on Amazon - that might be the problem.

Meanwhile the buttons and hat switch of my Xbox One gamepad aren't recognized by C2 - but that's the subject of another post.