Condor 2 Controller Options

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

SavageX89

Condor 2 Controller Options

Post by SavageX89 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:56 pm

Greetings everyone!
I'm looking to get my hands on Condor 2 and start learning to fly a full size glider. I've been flying RC planes for a few years and love flying my gliders.
I fly RC with a FrSky radio and have the equipment to connect my rc transmitter to my PC so that I can use it for a variety of RC simulators.
Does anyone here us a RC Transmitter for flying with Condor? I know it won't give the same experience as flying with a full sim cockpit and such, but I feel it'll be a better experience than flying with keyboard and mouse.
I figure, since my computer sees my rc transmitter as a joystick, i shouldn't have an issue setting it up with condor, but want to make sure.

thanks in advance!
happy flying!
Derek G. (SavageX89)
Design Engineer, RC Pilot, Aspiring Glider Pilot
www.mountaingoatdesign.com

Bre901

Re: Condor 2 Controller Options

Post by Bre901 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:03 pm

I have no experience with RC simulation, but, as the rc transmitter is seen as a joystick, I would just give it a try, you don't risk breaking anything.

Just make sure the joystick is calibrated in Windows before using it in Condor.
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

SavageX89

Re: Condor 2 Controller Options

Post by SavageX89 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:24 pm

Just a quick update:
I purchased condor 2 on the 5th of the month and was easily able to get my frisky tándem x20 transmitter connected to condor. I have full control of ailerons, elevator, rudder, flaps, brakes, and much more just with my radio. I'm super excited to start my soaring journey here.
Derek G. (SavageX89)
Design Engineer, RC Pilot, Aspiring Glider Pilot
www.mountaingoatdesign.com