Oudie 2 via Bluetooth on Mac/Parallels - no pairing

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Paster

Oudie 2 via Bluetooth on Mac/Parallels - no pairing

Post by Paster » Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:44 pm

Hey folks,

I've some connection problems with my Oudie 2 and hope for your competence and help.

I am using Condor 2 on my MacBook via Parallels. The problem is I cannot pair the Oudie 2 with the Windows 10 running via Parallels.

I followed the instructions of Frank Paynter (https://www.cumulus-soaring.com/condor/ ... -Oudie.pdf) and already managed to get the system running using an old, native Windows Laptop.

In contrast, using my normal setup, with MacBook and Parallels, the problem is that the Oudie 2 and Windows 10 does not see each other, when I try to pair them. The Windows 10 does see other devices like my phone and so on. So, in general Bluetooth is working. Moreover, the Oudie 2 does see other devices, like my phone. Furthermore, I can even pair the Oudie 2 with my MacBook under MacOS. But if it is only paired with the MacBook under MacOS, there is no data exchange between Oudie and Condor running under Windows.

I think, somehow, I have to manage to get a pairing between Oudie and MacBook directly under Windows, in order to have a data exchange via the serial port, thus between Oudie and Condor.

I am not very competent in computer science but already did quite a big research. My hope is you have an idea what prevents Oudie and Windows from pairing.

When it comes to pairing, the Oudie 2 manual says something like "only devices that support the SPP protocol will be displayed". Maybe that is the problem, but I do not really understand what it means.

I'd really appreciate your help.

SeeYou,
Patrick