Video card issue? Gliders not displaying in hangar

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

efoertsch

Video card issue? Gliders not displaying in hangar

Post by efoertsch » Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:30 pm

I know the recommended min. graphics required is 1GB but please hear me out first.

I am successfully running Condor2 on Windows 8 machine with Intel HD Graphics 4000 (32MB). The CPU is Intel i5-3230M CPU @2.60GH. I turned down the graphics settings and Condor works well. The graphics may be integrated on the mother board as the PC is a Lenovo IdeaCentre A520 (monitor and PC are all in one)

I am now attempting to set up Condor2 on a Windows 2 machine with an NVIDIA GeForce 6200 (249MB) card in a slot. The CPU is Intel i7 2600 CPU@3.40GHZ. Unfortunately when I click on the Hangar tab no gliders display. And if I plow ahead and click on 'Start Flight' Condor eventually crashes with no error msg. I do see a list of gliders in the 'Condor2/Planes' subdirectory so it looks like they are installed on the drive ok.

I did find a link at viewtopic.php?p=158685#p158685 regarding adding Condor program to the list on the NVIDIA control panel but still had the same results.

I also deinstalled/reinstalled Condor2 on the off chance that might help but again no luck.

So to my questions:
1. Is there any error log I can check to see if Condor is indeed choking on the lack of graphics card memory?
2. Is the any possibility that Condor is not able to display the gliders in the hangar due to some install issue? (Any registry entries gone astray?)
3. And if I do have to get a video card with more RAM, any particular suggestions for ones that don't require upgrades to the power supply to run?

Thanks
Eric
LS-4a - "QW"