Ultrawide FOV

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Petrucci14

Ultrawide FOV

Post by Petrucci14 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:13 am

Hi!

My problem is that the FOV at 21:9 (UWQHD) is too narrow by default.

V1-min.jpg

Zooming out a bit solves the issue but it resets when changed to outside view and back, for instance.
This is about what you see in 16:9, with obviously less visibility on the sides.

V2-min.jpg

Is there a way to deal with this issue at all or the solution is simply to not switch views every 2 seconds..
I personally like to use the outside view (F2) zoomed all the way out to gain info on the weather and others close by.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Re: Ultrawide FOV

Post by EDB » Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:27 am

Change FoV in setup.

Petrucci14

Post by Petrucci14 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:11 am

Thank you!

Haven't even thought to consult page 5 of the setup menu.
Can't remember the last time I've "been there".
I think it would be great to have an automatic preset for all, commonly used aspect ratios.
Maybe in Condor 3. :D

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:43 am

An automatic FoV preset?

FoV depends on your distance to your monitor. There are no monitors with distance indicator. And with triples you need to angle your side monitors accordingly. Monitors can't rotate themselves. Eye height needs to be at the center of the monitor, not the top.

Use a measuring tape and online FoV calculator.
https://www.google.com/search?q=FoV%20c ... irefox-b-m

Petrucci14

Post by Petrucci14 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:35 am

What I mean is that the distance to the instrument panel should be constant and the FoV should adjust itself according to the aspect ratio. If I were to go back to 16:9 for some reason, I had to adjust the FoV in the settings manually to reatain the same distance to the panel. That's what I mean by "automatic FoV preset" Also, I am talking about a single monitor setup. By the way, you can go even wider than 21:9.