Purchase Logitech G940?

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Viriatox

Purchase Logitech G940?

Post by Viriatox » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:22 pm

Hi all!
Few months ago I started in this simworld flying gliders in Condor 2, with a Thrustmaster T-Flight Stick X, the racing pedals of a Logitech Driving Force GT and Oculus Quest 2 on my head.
Since looks like force feedback is a must have, I've found a friend who can sell me the entire Logitech G940 set with almost no use, more or less at the same price he paid 10 years ago.
Is this a good purchase for Soaring in 2021?

pckormic

Re: Purchase Logitech G940?

Post by pckormic » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:02 am

Viriatox wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:22 pm
Hi all!
Few months ago I started in this simworld flying gliders in Condor 2, with a Thrustmaster T-Flight Stick X, the racing pedals of a Logitech Driving Force GT and Oculus Quest 2 on my head.
Since looks like force feedback is a must have, I've found a friend who can sell me the entire Logitech G940 set with almost no use, more or less at the same price he paid 10 years ago.
Is this a good purchase for Soaring in 2021?
If I where you, I would purchase the best Force feedback joystick for Condor:

https://www.ebay.es/itm/144304583574?ha ... SwkZBhnjka

arneh

Post by arneh » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:36 am

Go for it!

I've been using a G940 since I started flying Condor more than 10 years ago, and it's still the one I use. Not because it's perfect, but there are hardly any force feedback sticks available anymore :(

The G940 does have some reliability issues, mostly on the throttle. A couple of the buttons don't work, and the minor axis are very jittery. These problems have been there for many years, but since it's been out of production for so long it's not possible to get it repaired :( So I just live with it, since there are so few options for force feedback nowadays. Because force feedback is so much worth it, even if the G940 is old and unreliable (that said, it's not that bad reliability considering that most of it works after more than 10 years of frequent use).

Viriatox

Post by Viriatox » Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:12 am

Finally purchased! Everything is working fine but the rubber coat in the joystick and the throttle is very very sticky. Any trick to clean/remove it?

Apart of that I would like to see the best configuration for the hotas in Condor 2 l, any suggestion?

Thanks in advance!

Dick Bailey

Post by Dick Bailey » Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:05 am

... but the rubber coat in the joystick and the throttle is very very sticky
Just rub gently with Isopropyl Alcohol. It worked really well for me and the cloth I used seemed to remain clean so I wonder if it just re-cures the finish.