Can't Use Some Rudder Pedal Controllers

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

OldBaldy

Can't Use Some Rudder Pedal Controllers

Post by OldBaldy » Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:23 pm

I am a real glider pilot who also loves auto racing simulations to the extent that I use a 6-DOF motion simulator for both. I have used Condor 1 & 2 since their beginnings.

Problem: I have been unable to use my permanently mounted Fanatec racing pedals for rudder control in Condor 2. Fanatec no longer provides an option for "combined controls" for my device, which might have addressed the problem. In Condor, when the control input assignment box is selected and a pedal is pressed, the Fanatec device is recognized, but the rudder can be controlled with that pedal only. The other pedal(s) is not recognized. Either pedal may be recognized and may move the rudder right or left, but one must always be pressing on the pedal to center the rudder -- a most unrealistic, tedious and tiresome exercise for more than a few minutes, for sure!

Suggestion from a user's (non-programmer's) point-of-view:

1. Change the action needed to assign rudder axes to selections in two boxes -- one box for Right Rudder and another box for Left Rudder? (Shouldn't need a "Reverse" box in that case...), OR
2. Allow a single pedal to define the control device and two checkboxes -- one to "Combine Axes" and a second to "Reverse" controls.

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Re: Can't Use Some Rudder Pedal Controllers

Post by EDB » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:26 pm

Use Vjoy and other software to do this.

https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... loom-srp..

When you use this setup you will not have rudder output when you press both pedals at ones. So I don't think this will ever be implemented. There are other ways for the few people that want this never fully functioning solution. See the link.

The best way to go is dedicated rudder pedals. And those are supported. You can also use a twist stick with rudder axis.

Look for helicopter rudder pedals.
https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... der+pedals

Joost2

Re: Can't Use Some Rudder Pedal Controllers

Post by Joost2 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:11 am

It can be done with UCR (universal control remapper), vJoy and Joystick Gremlin (just to figure out what UUID the vJoy-joystick has).
First download all of the above and install.
In UCR map the pedals to one x-axis in the vJoy controller (mixed axes, inverse the low and take the average).
Then start Joystick Gremlin to view the properties of the Vjoy-controller, copy the UUID (long string of characters with several -'s).
In controls.ini (google where to find it and make a backup of it!)), address the line with: 2=xx (where x is a random number) and cut it out, below the file make a new section {xxxx} where xxxx is the UUID you found in Gremlin. Type '2=0' under that section (not sure if 0 always works, but it probably does if you assigned the rudder to the x-axis of the Vjoy-controller).

Start Condor and Voila....