Condor 2 on Mac with M1 ARM Chip

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

michisbrt

Condor 2 on Mac with M1 ARM Chip

Post by michisbrt » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:53 am

Hello fellow Condor Lovers,

as Mac-Users will know, Apple recently brought a new system-on-a-chip solution to the Mac. The M1 is a ARM-chip, that runs rings around Intel Chips for many tasks and it is likely that Apple will transition to M1 all together soon. The major bummer for many users is the lack of official Windows 10 support. Apple is getting rid of Bootcamp and also Parallels can't run Windows 64 bit yet. There is a workaround for virtual machines on the M1 Macs, by running a Windows 10 ARM BETA, which is not officially supported.

Here is my question: is there any chance at all to run Condor 2 in an ARM environment? Or is it just plain impossible?

(Don't intend to start a "Why would you try to run it at all?" or "Stupid Mac Users" debate. Just asking... ;-)

Cheers!

be_adairing

Re: Condor 2 on Mac with M1 ARM Chip

Post by be_adairing » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:08 pm

as a long time mac user - i would advise that you don't hold your breath for support for any of that.

wickid

Post by wickid » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:19 pm

I think the only way you are going to find out is to try it. Condor is only written for and tested on Windows. As far as I know it runs well only via Bootcamp. So if that isn't supported I don't know.
PH-1504, KOE

ntmf

Post by ntmf » Tue May 04, 2021 11:26 am

There is parallels for Mac with M1 Processor now available (as a free test version too) AND a free Version of Windows 10 that runs on MAC with M1. I installed my Condor 2 Version but I can not start free flight because condor can not load the Szenerie of Slovenia. :(