Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X Joystick Settings

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

ASH33M

Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X Joystick Settings

Post by ASH33M » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:06 pm

This is my first post for a while, been away from Condor for a couple of years now, good to be back for sure.

I currently have Condor 2 installed on an old laptop until my new PC which is currently being built. The joystick that I'm using is a Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X v2, when ever I connect this joystick to my laptop and try to fly in Condor 2, it's always pulling to the right, I can never fly in a straight line, When making an aero-tow off the ground, it's very difficult to fly in a straight line and direct behind the tow aircraft itself.

I'm not 100% sure if the drivers have been installed if at all.

What are my options, is there a work around to this problem, or do I need to re-install the drivers, if so which ones.

My other option is to buy a completely new joystick, if so which one, what are pilots currently using, which is the best to buy and why.

Best regards

ASH33M

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Re: Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X Joystick Settings

Post by EDB » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:25 pm

Did you calibrate it in Windows?

ASH33M

Post by ASH33M » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:14 am

EDB wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:25 pm
Did you calibrate it in Windows?

I was able to calibrate some of the axis but not all of them. I was trying to configure the joystick so that when I twist the control stick so that this would use the rudder, or will I need to look at different joystick altogether.

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:08 am

Try to get it calibrated in Windows. Then it will work in Condor.

ASH33M

Post by ASH33M » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:21 am

EDB wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:08 am
Try to get it calibrated in Windows. Then it will work in Condor.

I have now solved the problem, this was simple and easy to do, it was there right in front of me. On the back of the T-Flight HOTAS X joystick there is a switch that has 2 setting indications, one is PS3 and the other is PC, it was because the switch was on PS3 that's what I have been having the problem of calibration, the switch was then moved to the PC position, I then didn't need to do any calibration.