Conflict between vJoy and car rudder pedal in Device Column

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Sandhill

Conflict between vJoy and car rudder pedal in Device Column

Post by Sandhill » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:14 am

My cockpit is dual use for auto racing and flying, and I use vJoy to combine the throttle and clutch axis on my auto racing pedal set for use as a single axis for flying.
Condor 2 oddly assumes that vJoy is the default device for every Action except rudder, the default device for rudder is Heusinkveld Sim Pedals.. Easy enough to get Condor to recognize my stick for pitch and roll, just double click the Button/Axis column, move the stick and all done, the stick gets substituted into the Device column. However, for the rudder the default device is my auto racing pedal set which is actually the only Device I have vJoy set up to provide an output for, combining the auto pedal clutch and throttle axis into a single axis to control the rudder.
If I double click on the Axis/Button column and move the pedals, the device column just fills in with the unmodified Heusinkvelds. As I would never use the auto pedals for any reason in Condor, all I need to do is to get Condor to drop the auto pedals from its list of available devices or somehow get Condor to recognize that I want to use the vJoy device rather than the auto pedal device.
In IL-2 there was a devices.txt file I needed to modify to make vJoy the recognized device. In DCS there is simply a separate device column for the vJoy device and the auto pedals, so I can select the intersection of rudder and vJoy for it to work, similarly in MSFS which recognizes them in their own columns.
I need some help here as flying without rudder pedals will not be acceptable and I really want to be able to fly Condor 2.
Thanks,
Steve

Sandhill

Re: Conflict between vJoy and car rudder pedal in Device Column

Post by Sandhill » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:46 pm

No solution?

embee

Post by embee » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:52 am

I was fiddling with this a couple of days but found a solution :D

in the controls.ini file the different controllers are specified as a string of letters and numbers for example:

[{6F1D2B61-D5A0-11CF-BFC7-444553540000}]

below this is the controller config
0=2 for example

the vjoy device does not register in the software so I was looking for the string combo for the vjoy device could not find it anywhere then I was just playing DCS and wanted to add my t3pa pedals as rudder via vjoy went into controls menu and I spotted next to where it says vjoy a string of numbers :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

[{22F08910-3ADB-11EB-8002-444553540000}]
added this to the controls .ini and added
0=2 below this line and in condor2 went into setup input and tada it said vjoy device
wow what a workaround that was pfff

Joost2

Post by Joost2 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:22 am

For people (like me ;)) who don't know what DCS is, you can use Joystick Gremlin to figure out the 'long string between brackets{}' (UUID). In the menu you can find the properties of your controllers, including the virtual Vjoy controller.

CaptainKanarie

Post by CaptainKanarie » Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:08 am

Thats a nice option you found with Gremlin thanksfor that :D
Thought I was on flightsim forum people would know DCS (military aircraft sim) :wink:

Post by 6266 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:11 pm

CaptainKanarie wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:08 am
Thought I was on flightsim forum people would know DCS (military aircraft sim) :wink:
Flightsim forum, not weaponsim forum :-X
Visit https://www.baleit.no

Vintage Series 24, The Journey
24 landscapes with free available textures, newest: AlpsE

Discord https://discord.gg/bAXJaRT6ZC

CaptainKanarie

Post by CaptainKanarie » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:47 pm

I have a lot of fun just flying the jets in DCS and turning patterns at the boat with a T45 and not shooting weapons :D just as I really like flying Condorsoaring its all airplanes ::::::
Drifting off topic we solved the racepedal as rudder “problem”