3 Monitors

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

mjaffe

3 Monitors

Post by mjaffe » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:25 am

I used to have only two 27" non-gaming monitors (1920x1080 resolution) with one being the central view and one being 80 degrees view direction offset to one side. I always wanted to be able to see both sides without fussing with the mouse, and decided to invest in a third monitor. I purchased a 34" gaming monitor (2560x1080 resolution) which I intended to be the new central view, with the existing 27" on either side.

First thing I noticed what that I could no longer see my stick and had a reduced view of the sky. I solved this by increasing the offset from 80 to 90 degrees. What I am still struggling with, is that I can get the central monitor and one of the lateral ones to align nicely (continuous horizon line) but the other side has a break of a few degrees, where I can't see. See images.

I played with different offsets, but the phenomenon stays. Not sure if this is because I have monitors with different aspect ratios or if my graphic card can't properly handle 3 separate monitors (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070). Any suggestions will be much appreciated!
image0.jpeg
image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Filgueiras

Re: 3 Monitors

Post by Filgueiras » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:00 pm

Maybe configuring the monitor.
Try moving the image up., and sideward, until ends match.

Worked well to me.

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:13 pm

mjaffe wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:25 am
this is because I have monitors with different aspect ratios

You can not select different FoV for every monitor.

NVIDIA surround won't work either.
AMD eyeFinity supports different monitors...

But if you want to use eyefinity (or surround) with Condor2, you need to set you monitors in the same plane.

mjaffe

Post by mjaffe » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:52 pm

Thanks everyone! I decided that if this works at all, it is beyond my paygrade. I returned my 34" monitor and now have three 27" side by side and it works beautifully