3 Monitors on 2 GPUs

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Dom_DN

3 Monitors on 2 GPUs

Post by Dom_DN » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:27 am

I have two (modest) GPUs (GeForce 1030) on my computer, just upgraded from GT610, on which I have 4 monitors connected (mostly for work, but now also for Condor).

I have tested Condor2 with a single window stretched across 3 monitors, this works OK (around 15 FPS) but the rendering on both "sides" is quite misleading.

I have tried configuring 2 monitors, it works ... in windowed mode, even though they show up on the monitors attached to one GPU, I can actually move both of these windows on the other 2 monitors, which works better for my particular setup.

Now, why can't I configure using 3 or even 4 separate windows ?

This doesn't make sense to me.

When configuring multiple windows, is it possible to change the 80 degrees increment to say 40 degrees ?

(computer runs windows 10)

Thanks in advance,
Dom

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Re: 3 Monitors on 2 GPUs

Post by EDB » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:19 am

You can change the default FoV. SETUP > OPTIONS > Default FOV: xx deg

You can also setup up to 3 monitors on one GPU. SETUP > GRAPHICS > Video options > Setup monitors [x] (Select every monitor and Enable them. Choose the offset for every monitor)

Rotate your monitors out of plane in the same angle as the assigned FOV and sit with your eyes nodal point in the center lines off all three monitors.

NOTE
As of now (Condor 2.1.3), there is no bezel correction. So you will need small bezels...

If you do it outside Condor with AMD eyefinity or NVIDIA Surround, you have to set the monitors in the same plane.
A more pricey options is to go for specialized morphing software.

Dom_DN

Post by Dom_DN » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:53 pm

Thank you :)

It seems changing the FOV also changes the default zoom level, is there a way to define the default zoom level separately from FOV ?

I understand I could configure 3 monitors out of a single GPU if that was my computer situation, however I have 2 GPUs with each 2 monitors, it would be so much better if all monitors from all GPUs were accessible (since after these windows are configured, they can be moved anywhere on my 4 monitors, so clearly there is no physical requirement to ensure the monitors proposed are on the same GPU).

Cheers
Dominique

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:28 pm

No. Not anymore.

And only one GPU.

Dom_DN

Post by Dom_DN » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:50 pm

Monitors off 1 GPU only : this is too bad ...

... I get better FPS having 1 window on each GPU than 2 windows on same GPU - see attached.

(on the 2 GPUs screenshot, the windows are on my monitors 1 and 2 which are off separate GPUs ... for the 1 GPU screenshot I moved the window from monitor 1 to monitor 3, which is same GPU as monitor 2).

This seems like a Condor2 self-inflicted limitation

I will try to daisy-chain 2 monitors on the DisplayPort off 1 GPU + have a 3rd monitor on the same GPU HDMI.

Anyway, thank you for your kind responses and hindsight.

Dominique
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.