Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 settings

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

evergreen

Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 settings

Post by evergreen » Sat May 30, 2020 9:01 pm

Hi,

I just bought a Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 stick. Just wondering if anyone has suggestions for the optimum settings for non-linearity, ratio, stick force simulation. Should the stick trim where available and stick centers with hand off check boxes be checked? I assume the force feedback box should be checked.

Thanks for your help.

janjansen

Re: Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 settings

Post by janjansen » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:11 pm

Stick force simulation should be set too minimum. Setting this higher just slows down input to simulate your weak arms or heavy controls. Everything else is preference, I just kept the defaults except "stick trim where available" (has nothing to do with FFB, but gives you an analog control over trim even in planes with a stick trimmer) and I also disabled " stick centers with hand off " to avoid violent pitching up when lowering your gear and the like.

evergreen

Post by evergreen » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:33 pm

Thanks for the feedback!

petitek

Post by petitek » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:13 pm

Hi,

I also bought a MSFFB2 for condor but I find the force feedback very weak in flight.

I almost can't feel any resistance except at very high speeds.. But I feel subtle change so the FFB is definitely on.

Is there away to make it stronger ? A lot of you seems to be happy about it when for me I can't see a significant difference between it and the logitech 3D.

I have a feeling mine isn't working fully in condor. When plugged outside of condor the resistance is way better.

thanks

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:07 pm

Try stetting Stick force simulation in SETUP > INPUT > Options.
But setting it stronger might ad some delay...

NaderFam

Post by NaderFam » Sun May 16, 2021 11:46 pm

Same issue here. You can feel the non-linear force in the three axes while not in Condor, but as soon as you start the flight, it become watery and little feel for the air resistance against any of the controls. The feedback remains visual, as with a non-force feedback joystick.

I don't see any user control over this parameter. It just kicks out as soon as you launch your flight. The rumble noise is nice, but not sure what that is about when you are just sitting in the cockpit doing nothing.

Further problem is that trim gets reset by moving the stick to change the pitch. It is a surprise one doesn't need, but I haven't figured out how to defeat this sudden loss of trim. Works fine with Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, but with force feedback on MS Sidewinder it resets it to zero. It seems to be random, but I have only had the MS Force Feedback stick for a couple of days.