sidewinder force feedback II

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

robin00795

sidewinder force feedback II

Post by robin00795 » Fri May 15, 2020 6:12 pm

Hello, recently purchased this amazing joystick , and im wondering , does it have to reproduce the shaking of the joystick when a glider go too fast vefore breaking a wing ? because mine dont do it , otherwise it work just fine
thanks

robin00795

Re: sidewinder force feedback II

Post by robin00795 » Fri May 15, 2020 6:18 pm

also , what does the slider adjusting the force ingame do ? doesnt seem to change anything

dan73boat

Post by dan73boat » Fri May 15, 2020 9:19 pm

Hi,
I'll answer the second question first.
Most people use the slider bar as the airbrakes. You set this in the input screen, under assign controls. You click the box with your mouse and the slide the bar and your computer should recognize the slider as the airbrake.

My MSFF2 joystick does shake when wings fall off, or I am in aerotow propwash, or I stall the glider etc. It's possible yours is a different version?
It's possible yours is broke? It's possible you don't have the force feed back set on the same "input" screen listed above. (It is a left to right slider that you click and slide with your mouse.) Finally, If your unit is not getting power from the wall outlet then the force feedback won't work but the glider will still be controllable. If mine is not getting power the green light flashes. If it is getting power the green light on the base unit is solidly lit.

Hope that helps

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Fri May 15, 2020 9:39 pm

dan73boat wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 9:19 pm
If mine is not getting power the green light flashes. If it is getting power the green light on the base unit is solidly lit.
Hope that helps
According to versions, that green light may actually be red
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Fri May 15, 2020 11:33 pm

robin00795 wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 6:18 pm
also , what does the slider adjusting the force ingame do ? doesnt seem to change anything
"stick force simulation" does not affect force feedback of the joystick. It simulates the force you need to move the stick IRL, it basically slows down your input. You probably want it all the way to the left when you have force feedback.

Flutter effect should just work. But it often takes a few seconds before the shaking becomes noticeable in the stick and if you exceed vne too quickly your wings may have fallen off before you noticed.

robin00795

Post by robin00795 » Sat May 16, 2020 1:00 am

dan73boat wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 9:19 pm
Hi,
I'll answer the second question first.
Most people use the slider bar as the airbrakes. You set this in the input screen, under assign controls. You click the box with your mouse and the slide the bar and your computer should recognize the slider as the airbrake.

My MSFF2 joystick does shake when wings fall off, or I am in aerotow propwash, or I stall the glider etc. It's possible yours is a different version?
It's possible yours is broke? It's possible you don't have the force feed back set on the same "input" screen listed above. (It is a left to right slider that you click and slide with your mouse.) Finally, If your unit is not getting power from the wall outlet then the force feedback won't work but the glider will still be controllable. If mine is not getting power the green light flashes. If it is getting power the green light on the base unit is solidly lit.

Hope that helps
Hey , I was talking about stick force simulation slider , I dont know why you are talking about airbrake sorry my english is a bit lame , well mine shake when aerotow , stall etc.. but not when overspeed(edit : it does now , just seem not to work with one glider) , I think its the last version with the red light, i did not install the drivers cause did not found some for w10 but seemed to work out of the box exept this , it also feel a bit lumpy , sometime I can feel the gear when turning , do I need to grease it or its normal ? thanks

KINGSWAY

Post by KINGSWAY » Sat May 16, 2020 3:25 pm

My stick was a bit unreliable - sometimes I had FFB and trim, other times not. To correct the problem I had to unplug the usb plug then reinsert it.

However - turns out I was using a USB 3 port - since I started plugging into a USB 2 port, no more problems! :D

robin00795

Post by robin00795 » Mon May 18, 2020 8:59 pm

thanks for your answer , also should I feel something in thermals in term of feedback / vibrations ? because I dont have those

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Mon May 18, 2020 9:36 pm

robin00795 wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 8:59 pm
thanks for your answer , also should I feel something in thermals in term of feedback / vibrations ? because I dont have those
Only if you you are flying too slowly and are approaching stall
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Mon May 18, 2020 10:47 pm

robin00795 wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 8:59 pm
thermals, not really. The most important benefit is the trim actually moving the center position of the stick. And forces are dependent on speed, if you fly slow, it becomes very light, if you stall it vibrates a bit, if you fly fast, it becomes stiffer.

Aanne3

Post by Aanne3 » Sat May 23, 2020 5:24 am

The flutter FFB works on some gliders but not others. I don't remember which ones.

The most important benefit of FFB is that you can sense a very slight pre-stall buffet while thermalling. (Actually the most important benefit is to learn to control the glider based on control pressures rather than stick movement, but the pre-stall buffet provides an infinitesimal competitive advantage when centering each thermal.) I fly with the thumb and forefinger on the base of the stick and rest my hand over the FORCE FEEDBACK 2 imprint. Tape over both sensors.