Speedlink Phantom Hawk joystick

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

pilatusb4

Speedlink Phantom Hawk joystick

Post by pilatusb4 » Sat May 09, 2020 1:21 pm

Hi, I'm a new user of Condor 2 but did use the original version a few years ago. Have bought this joystick but am having difficulty setting it up properly. In particular calibration. When I install it with the Speedlink drivers the joystick is not centred and needs constant correction in the roll axis.
But there is no way of calibrating. The instructions tell you to uninstall the drivers, calibrate the stick in the Windows control panel and then reinstall the drivers but as soon as you reinstall, the calibration is lost again and you are back to square 1. I have tried to use it after calibrating without reinstalling the drivers but Condor 2 does not then recognise the stick (it does find it when the Speedlink drivers are installed). Has anyone come across this problem and found a solution please ? BTW I use Windows 10.
Thanks.

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Re: Speedlink Phantom Hawk joystick

Post by EDB » Sat May 09, 2020 2:10 pm

What happens if you uninstall the drivers and let W10 choose them in Device Manager? Although windows might use the drivers that might still be somewhere on you system...

pilatusb4

Post by pilatusb4 » Sat May 09, 2020 2:28 pm

It installs Microsoft drivers (as a PC Game Controller) but, although Windows says it is working correctly, it is no longer found in Condor.

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Post by EDB » Sat May 09, 2020 2:38 pm

pilatusb4 wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 1:21 pm
The instructions tell you to uninstall the drivers, calibrate the stick in the Windows control panel and then reinstall the drivers but as soon as you reinstall, the calibration is lost again and you are back to square 1.
This is really not how a stick should work. I'd say return the stick.

pilatusb4

Post by pilatusb4 » Sat May 09, 2020 3:39 pm

Yes, I think it will have to go back, apart from the calibration problem it does not feel very precise.