Three monitors - 2 GPUs

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

f4fvs

Three monitors - 2 GPUs

Post by f4fvs » Thu May 07, 2020 8:04 am

I have a 5-ish year old desktop which has 2 digital outputs (DVID) on a Ge-Force GTX570 card running 2 monitors.
I have a VGA monitor connected into the onboard Intel graphics. The PC runs 3 screens beautifully as an extended desktop, and 2 screens beautifully in Condor. The VGA monitor is a Wacom graphics tablet which I need to have on my left. Is there a way to get it to work in Condor? I'm currently only able to make right hand circuits, and my instructor will shoot me if I try it for real.

Filgueiras

Re: Three monitors - 2 GPUs

Post by Filgueiras » Mon May 11, 2020 11:41 pm

First, what's wrong with circuits to the right? Just less usual, but as good as the other :arrow:

Said that, I use 2 monitors, the second to my left - because of the usual lefthanded circuits :mrgreen: But sometimes I need to see the right wing, like when flying near a hill. Then, POV makes the miracle, and the panel moves to the left. It's also possible to set the screen at your right to look front and the other, to the left

AUBUISSON

Post by AUBUISSON » Tue May 12, 2020 12:41 pm

Equipez vous d'un "TrackIr".Le multi-écran est complètement désuet et si vous avez le budget ,l'idéal est le casque VR.
https://www.trackir.fr/fr/
Equip yourself with a "TrackIr". The multi-screen is completely obsolete and if you have the budget, the ideal is the VR headset.

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Wed May 13, 2020 10:02 am

AFAIK, condor can only use the monitors connected to your GPU. Your 570 almost certainly has a free HDMI port. You could buy a cheap HDMI to VGA dongle to connect your VGA screen to that port. But if the screen has a very different resolution, the result may not be very good.
Trackir or opentrack is a better solution, although nothing prevents you from using both multi monitor and head tracking.