Delan Clip head tracking with Facetracknoir v170 Setup

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Richard Maisonpierre

Delan Clip head tracking with Facetracknoir v170 Setup

Post by Richard Maisonpierre » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:18 am

Has anyone got experience in how to get this to work?
I have followed the fairly easy setup guide on the Delan Clip website. Got the camera working on IR with three points of light and the visible light filtered back correctly.

Installed Facetracknoir and adopted the settings recommended. There is a list of games including condor so the correct settings are being used by the tracking software.

So now the curious bit. When I load Condor 2 and move my head I get the normal cockpit view and one head position gives me a fleeting view I think from above the cockpit looking down on the pilot.
so something is working. It flickers on and off.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to start solving this setup, please?

Rickyard

Re: Delan Clip head tracking with Facetracknoir v170 Setup

Post by Rickyard » Fri May 08, 2020 9:24 pm

I have exactly the same setup and it just works.

I start FaceTrackNoIR (1.7) first and make sure I can see the 3 leds and the face gif is responding to head movements and then I just open Condor 2 and it works. I didn't have to do anything in Condor - it was just 'magic'.

Game Protocol is set to FreeTrack 2.0 and I have start dummy TrackIR.exe ticked (no idea if needed). I have Enable both in Select interface, again no idea if needed.

Tracker Source is PointTracker 1.0.
General: everything ticked
Camera - Index = 1 for my PS3 eye camera
Model changed to match the Delan clip

I did try the 2.0.n software and it didn't want to play at all so back to the 1.7 which apart from having cameras by index number rather than name and symetrical Yaw seems to be the same. Note that adjusting the curves makes looking straight up (90 degrees) possible with only a small head movement. In translations add a point with low output to give so wiggle room.

I'll watch this space for any reply.

JBlyth

Re: Delan Clip head tracking with Facetracknoir v170 Setup

Post by JBlyth » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:28 pm

I'm just waiting for my Delan Focus to arrive, so I a most interested in your comments.

I have looked on the Delan site again and didn't see any settings recommendations for Condor 2.

Would you care to share your FasceTrackNoIR Condor .ini file on this forum? I have tried head tracking with a mobile phone, but it wasn't so successful.....

Cheers
John in Sunny Carnarvon - Western Australia