NMEA Output grayed out

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

aliran

NMEA Output grayed out

Post by aliran » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:20 pm

Hi, I am trying to set up XCSoar following the steps in the manual, however, in my Condor 2 set up page, the NMEA Output option is gray and I can't select it. Also no COM appear below. See attached picture. Any ideas?

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Re: NMEA Output grayed out

Post by EDB » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:00 pm

If there is no (virtual) COM Port, Condor2 can not see/select it.

So first make a (virtual) COM Port and then start Condor2.

Rickyard

Re: NMEA Output grayed out

Post by Rickyard » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:00 am

For others finding this thread...

If you're using Windows-10 and have a bluetooth connection from PC to XCSoar (or other NMEA consumer) then on the Bluetooth & other devices screen there's an item on the right called "More Bluetooth options" . In there you have a tab "COM Ports" and you need to set an Incoming port (sounds counter-intuitive being Incoming when PC is transmitting NMEA but that's what you need). This entry will then enable the NMEA Output in Condor as you now have a COM port as per the previous reply.

If using XCSoar you also need to go into Config-Devices, choose A; (or any other), Click Edit, and under Port you'll have a pull-down list that should include the name of your computer that you connected it to.

Hope that helps.