UDP Barometric Pressure

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Allen

UDP Barometric Pressure

Post by Allen » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:31 pm

Developers / Anyone,

The altimeter barometric pressure dial on the Condor instrument panel shows a the change in barometric pressure as it is changed using the 'Altimeter up =' and 'Altimeter Down -' keys, but there doesn't appear to be a documented value in the UDP data stream for that setting.

Is there anyway that the barometric pressure can be read by a separate instrument?

Many thanks,

Allen

FiestaYZZ

Re: UDP Barometric Pressure

Post by FiestaYZZ » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 am

I know the altimeter setting is not in the UDP message at present (nor is other useful info like gear position,flap and airbrake position, latitude, longitude…) but are there plans to add this to the UDP message? I'm in the process of making a panel and this would be handyfor completeness.

wickid

Post by wickid » Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:24 pm

Lat/Lon definitely no. It can be used to make external navigation devices that do not use the NMEA lat/lon. NMEA is disabled when selecting no PDA, but UDP is not. That is why there is no Lat/Lon in the UDP stream. The rest I don't know.
PH-1504, KOE

Bre901

Post by Bre901 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:37 pm

Flaps and WB are available if you set ExtendedData1=1 in the udp.ini file
This line is not present by default in the file. You will have to insert it if needed.

Edited to add that I should have refrained from posting that as all these informations are available in the manual
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
CN: MPT — CondorUTill webpage: https://condorutill.fr/

FiestaYZZ

Post by FiestaYZZ » Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:15 pm

Of course - flaps are in the message already - wires crossed there.

Makes sense that lat/lon would be conditional to avoid multiplayer cheating, but why can't it go in the UDP message when the PDA is enabled? If the PDA is disabled it'd show 0° or be absent and the client code would be responsible for dealing with that. The NMEA data goes to a serial port but I need lat/lon over the network.

I'd rather like the glider type and registration to be sent also, and the critical speeds - right now, it's up to the user to select which ASI markings are appropriate.

Hoping this is something the devs might be amenable to?