hat switch not connected to POV

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Sprool

Re: hat switch not connected to POV

Post by Sprool » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:30 pm

OXO - opentrack works fine no setup, smooth as anything, but the problem comes when not using it, I have lost view control with mouse, hatswitch, arrow keys when in the cockpit.

When you say arrow keys on keypad for POV do you mean the pan left, pan right, etc. assignations?

AstirAl

Post by AstirAl » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:02 pm

I ran into this issue today and found the fix:

OpenTrack emulates the commercial NaturalPoint TrackIR system. Even after OpenTrack is closed, it leaves behind an entry in the Windows Registry to indicate that a TrackIR is connected. Condor detects this and disables the hat switch.

To fix, search the Start Menu for "Registry Editor" and run it. Remove the following section (or rename it for easy replacement later):

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\NaturalPoint

pilatusb4

Post by pilatusb4 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:18 am

I'm having the same problem but the suggested fix does not work for me.
I had installed Opentrack but had not completed setting up a profile for head tracking, wanted to use condor so decided to use hat switch but it was not operating. Suspected problem was related to Opentrack so uninstalled it. Still no hat switch working. Found this thread and deleted the registry entry but it made no difference. Going into condor setup tried to re assign controls but cannot do so, trying to set assignments to defaults does not work either. Not sure where to go from here, any suggestions please? Thanks.

n98Bk9-NT3

Post by n98Bk9-NT3 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:07 pm

I found a walk around.

Use portable version of Opentrack.

If you install windows setup version, opentrack takes over view control all the time, but if you use portable version, it works only when opentrack program is active.

Naoki