Shaker support?

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Jeffchrisope

Shaker support?

Post by Jeffchrisope » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:47 am

Does Condor have any special support for any particular “shaker seat”/software driver combination?

EDB
Location: The Netherlands, Europe Continent, Earth Planet, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Super Cluster

Re: Shaker support?

Post by EDB » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:12 pm

No.

Jeffchrisope

Post by Jeffchrisope » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:51 pm

So that leaves us with the bass-channel-driven solutions, that I still assume “work” ... okay. Does anybody use those, and if so, how do they feel with Condor? I’d hope to be able to “feel” the rumble from spoilers, slip/skid drag, gear deployment, etc. in addition to the obvious stuff like touchdown and roll-out. Any chance these are halfway passable? (For reference, I’m already all-VR and using a Sidewinder 2 FFB stick, so even small additional immersion contributions are significant at this point ...)

melcrose

Post by melcrose » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:36 am

Yes, it works "well" if you take the time to set it up. (tweak the sliders in your favorite audio-passthrough software)

I use .. I think it's called "ATO" and "Peace". . I also hear "bannana" is popular.

I use steamVR settings to mirror the VR headset audio to the 1/8" jack on the computer.. out from that jack into a 100w subwoofer amp, then out to 4 "thumpers" for butt of chair / back of chair / on my stick / on my flaps and dive break hotas (es) :)

In "peace" you can tell it to watch for certain frequencies of sound (and even adjust what you're looking for at the top) and then adjust sliders to say how much of that freq you want. Right now I have a light "HSSSSSSSS" while I'm flying, but if I speed up you can feel it. If I extend the landing wheel I get a nice "thump" and the HHSSSSSSSS turns to chchchchchchchchch. and if I throw in dive breaks it goes to CCHCHCHCHCHHC.. landing is straight up "BRRRRRR BRRRRRRRR BRRRRRRR THUMP THUMP THUMP BRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrr"

If that makes any sense. :)

Allen

Post by Allen » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:21 am

If it is of interest, we have just installed two 'Quake' seat shakers into our home-made two seater fuselage, driven by a 700 watt amplifier from the standard 'wav' files generated from Condor 2. These are mounted onto the fuselage, not directly to the seats.
The improvement in the 'realism' is quite dramatic!

k6chris

Post by k6chris » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:54 am

Need pictures or better still a YouTube video please!

melodrama

Post by melodrama » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:22 pm

I'm building up (read: coding) Realteus ForceFeel - UDP telemetry interface (http://www.condorsoaring.com/manual/ => appendix 3) for the moment; first trial version should be ready "soon", maybe within next weeks.. I can read and use UDP telemetry data and control/command ForceFeel cushion motors independently. Next step is to link these two features together and create flexible user interface.

Roll left and right, pitch up and down, flutter (based on airspeed) and turbulence (I don't know exactly what telemetry parameter(s) is/are best for this.. It is not turbulencestrength parameter as you might expect, it remains static during the flight) => these are the glider movements where I miss this "butt" support.. :D