Problem with Arduino Joystick -Help!

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

scls19fr

Re: Problem with Arduino Joystick -Help!

Post by scls19fr » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:16 am

Thanks AstirAI for your help. It also solved my problem with an Arduino Leonardo, a 16 buttons analog keypad and Condor 2 viewtopic.php?p=178153#p178379
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

timwalter

Re: Problem with Arduino Joystick -Help!

Post by timwalter » Sat Sep 09, 2023 1:11 am

Wow, this is SO UNBELIEVABLY HELPFUL! Thank you for posting. I came to this Board looking to solve this exact problem after banging my head against Arduino sketch code that SHOULD have worked. Just tested AstirAI's joystick library initialization solution with one button (for landing gear) and one analog axis (for air brakes) and Condor sees the Arduino as a legit assignable joystick.

It does seem as if ANY unnecessary device declaration will create spurious data. When I declared an X Axis then left it un-wired on the Arduino, I actually got some cross-chatter from the Throttle [A3] that I used to test the air brakes. Calibration in Windows helps a little. Bottom line: define only what you need and many problems disappear.

I'm so excited that I abandoned a great thermal during my Condor test flight to carry on designing my sim cockpit. Should be able to have flaps, air brakes, gear, and release in pretty short order. Maybe even a stick without a dead zone. Thank you AstirAI!

Tim