Satitek pro flight rudder pedals problems

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

schubi

Satitek pro flight rudder pedals problems

Post by schubi » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:59 pm

Hi,
I have used satitek pro flight rudder pedals which has y-axis, x-axis and z-rotation.
x-axis and y-axis are used for the breaks. z-rotation is used for the rudder. The hardware works fine.
I can trim all three settings in the configuration settings. But I can only use y-axis and x-axis in the rudder settings
of condors which of course is wrong. The needed z-rotation does not response here.
Has anyone an idea why ?
Is there any suggestions/experiences with working rudder padels ? Which one can I buy ?

Thank you very much !
Greetings
Stefan

janjansen

Re: Satitek pro flight rudder pedals problems

Post by janjansen » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:17 pm

Plenty of people use those pedals. If you search the forum you will find a few threads.
Make sure they are calibrated or configured so you can use the full range. ie, when you test them in saitek app or windows calibration utility it goes from -100 to +100. Condor doesnt assign controls unless you get really close to the 100% mark.

pckormic

Post by pckormic » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:27 pm

In most of the rudder pedals (I think the only exception are Dieter Hoffmann Simped Pedals) there are three axis, the x and y axis are the left and right foot brakes, and the z axis (the swing between both pedals) that is used, as in real life, to the "rudder" or "yaw" axis of the plane.

In Condor , as in many othe flight simulators, when you do a double left click with your mouse pointer over the rudder box, in "assign control" menul options, you must move , or swing, the z axis, being carefully of not to move any of the brakes pedals.

If doing so, the "z" axis doesn´t appear in the control menu box, the trouble could be in your Saitek rudder pedals. Try your pedals in other sim, or in the Windows options, to see if all the axis are working.

Goodbye and good flights

Paul_UK

Post by Paul_UK » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:16 am

I use the Saitek pro flight combat pedals and they work perfectly in Condor 1 and Condor 2. I'm at work currently, I'll check my settings later and post a screen shot so you know what you should see.
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....

schubi

Post by schubi » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:15 am

Thanks Paul !

Paul_UK

Post by Paul_UK » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:49 pm

Here is how my settings look in my control assignments

As you can see it says Rudder and not Z-axis. I forgot my X52 Pro HOTAS stick has a Z-axis on it.

This is the method I use to get rudder to appear.

Calibrate pedals after turning on by moving through full range 3 times
Go to control assignments in Condor 2
Double click where the word Rudder is
Move the Rudder to left and wait then right and wait

It may assign the control before you move in the opposite direction.

Good luck!
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:

pdesaute

Post by pdesaute » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:34 pm

Hello,

I have some problems with my Saitek Proflight rudder.
Eveything worked well with Condor 1 on an older version of Windows.

For condor 2 with VR I had to change motherboard and put Windows 10.
On Windows 10 I could install the driver of the saitek and I also can use the Windows tool to test and tune the joystick and the Saitek Proflight Rudders. Everything seems to work well.

But I never could access to the saitek rudder in Condor2 !

I even tried to desintall and reinstall Condor2, Nothing work… :evil:

Someone could help me to make it work in condor2 ?

Thanks

Paul_UK

Post by Paul_UK » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:51 pm

pdesaute wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:34 pm
Hello,

I have some problems with my Saitek Proflight rudder.
Eveything worked well with Condor 1 on an older version of Windows.

For condor 2 with VR I had to change motherboard and put Windows 10.
On Windows 10 I could install the driver of the saitek and I also can use the Windows tool to test and tune the joystick and the Saitek Proflight Rudders. Everything seems to work well.

But I never could access to the saitek rudder in Condor2 !

I even tried to desintall and reinstall Condor2, Nothing work… :evil:

Someone could help me to make it work in condor2 ?

Thanks
Have you managed to assign the pedals in the Assign Controls window as per my screenshot? If so check you have Auto Rudder un-ticked in the SETUP/INPUT menu in the section where you can tune the rudder.

pdesaute

Post by pdesaute » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:50 pm

Hello,

thank you, but Nothing works, I carrefully chechked that I Don't have the autorudder in not checked, but it doesn"t change anything...Condor never detect my rudders…

I tried a new time to desinstall everything, drivers of Saitek Rudder, then Condor2 and I evene removed everything linked in registry, then install everything again...but I still can't get access to the rudder in condor 2.

I also tried to resinstall my old Condor1 , and I have the same problem.

It is really Strange, because I Don't have any problem to see the rudder and to test it from Windows …. but it seems that condor can't access to it.
Do you know if Something has to be done in Windows to give access to condor for these rudder ?

Do I need to copy some files from a directory to something specific in condor2 ?

Thanks a lot.

pdesaute

Post by pdesaute » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:16 pm

I could finally make it work….looking carrefully to my old PC with condor1 where I could use the rudders…..
I think I Simply didn't try to activate to the right control...I tried rudder left and right, but in fact the only right place to test
it is the fird line of control, just Rudder….where my joystick was activated I Don't know why….

but know finally it works !!!

thanks a lot !

MrHerisson

Post by MrHerisson » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:19 pm

I have a quetion regarding the Saitek Rudders.

I have run out of usb port on my laptop so ....does the rudder need it's own usb port or does it plug into the Saitek X52 stick (hence only one usb port needed).

If more usb in needed, do yout think it will work with an usb port extender?

Paul_UK

Post by Paul_UK » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:54 pm

They require their own USB port, separate from the X52. Should work fine if you use a USB hub plugged into an existing USB socket.