Nvidia compatible games - Geforce Experience

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

gusandreoni

Nvidia compatible games - Geforce Experience

Post by gusandreoni » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:29 pm

Hello,

I suggest that the condor be on the list of compatible games from Nvidia and be optimized by the Geforce Experience.
Is it possible to do that?

Thanks

Paul_UK

Re: Nvidia compatible games - Geforce Experience

Post by Paul_UK » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:26 pm

No idea but personally I'd stay as far away from that bloatware software from Nvidia. I had a very bad experience in the past with Geforce Experience where on each bootup it actually deleted a section from my OS drive! luckily I twigged what it was within three boots and removed it and have never installed it since. Other friends have had issues with it too, but that's compatibility issues with the drivers as Geforce Experience automatically updates them.

I much rather be in control of my computers destiny! :mrgreen:
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....

sadatoni

Post by sadatoni » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:32 pm

I'm with Paul on this. Bad exprerience with GeForce Experience. It likes to steal focus.
N5503T CN(0OU)

John Ferguson

gusandreoni

Post by gusandreoni » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:52 pm

I understand your experience, and it's worth including in the discussion.
My suggestion is to evaluate if the Condor would perform better if Nvidia had more attention on driver compatibility.
I also do not like it and I do not let the Geforce Experience take the descents alone, but it facilitates in a diagnosis.
About the errors you've had with Geforce Experience, it still goes on? This prorama already came installed for me in Windows 10 and I had no problem.

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:22 pm

Driver optimization is all about shader performance. Shaders are like little programs that are compiled and executed by your GPU. Modern games heavily rely on it for all kinds of effects. Performance can be boosted by improving the compilers and on popular AA games, nVidia and AMD will go as far as rewriting or dynamically replacing entire shaders to get better performance (especially in benchmarks).

Condor AFAIK uses virtually no shaders, so I highly doubt there is much if anything nVidia or AMD could do for Condor performance, even if they wanted to. And I doubt they care about the handful of us anyway.

As for geforce experience. I no longer use it, but when I tried it a few months ago, I cant say I had any problems with it. I thought it was a convenient way to record or stream games, but with rather poor quality.

OXO
Condor Team

Post by OXO » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:44 pm

Condor 2 DOES use shaders. You'd have to check with Uros for details though
Chris Wedgwood,
Condor Team

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:51 pm

Yes, condor 2 water uses shaders. But thats such a simple shader, its not going to impact performance in any meaningful way. Hence my "virtually "

Maybe at some point in the future, shaders could be used for grass, or trees, or wing smoke/water/rain drop effects. But as it is, I really dont see where it could or should be used, and I dont think it is.