Condor 2.04 - No Sound Output at all.

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

Bocean

Condor 2.04 - No Sound Output at all.

Post by Bocean » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:00 am

I've been running Condor 2 for a few days now. Initially, all worked very well. However, today there's no sound when playing using the laptop screen, or an external HDMI screen. Until today, sound worked OK. Sound still works OK in all other sound enabled apps on this computer (Win 10).

It is just Condor2 that has absolutely no sound output, even though the sound settings tab is set as per the Manual. Have tried and uninstall and reinstall, but as the License Number was not asked for after the reinstall, I suspect that the uninstall left behind hidden settings.

Am I missing something ? Is there a sound mute keyboard shortcut that I've accidentally hit. Or is this a problem with some hardware?

Hardware:

ASUS UX430U Notebook
Windows 10
Nvidia Gforce MX150

Signed:

Roy

janjansen

Re: Condor 2.04 - No Sound Output at all.

Post by janjansen » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:03 am

are you sure there is no sound at all, including sounds like when pressing the tow release or gear lever?
If there is no sound at all, double check the windows sound device. You might be sending audio through HDMI to a monitor which has no speakers. Note that you must select the correct audio device before you start condor, I found that changing it after condor launched doesnt work.

Bocean

Post by Bocean » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:23 am

Thanks. I'll give that a try later today.

Roy

tomwitkin

Re: Condor 2.1.5 - No Sound Output at all.

Post by tomwitkin » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:38 pm

Get no sound -- vario or other -- when running Condor 2 v2.1.5. Running up-to-date Win 10. Sound is set to my normal speakers. All sound related to my NVidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti are disabled (no speakers in that display). Correct Windows "Sound" settings set before launching Condor.

Since I was advised that since the display I use for Condor is driven via HDMI from an NVidia graphics, Condor might "force" the audio through HDMI. So, I connected my external speakers to the audio out port on my display and changed the audio settings to use that. No joy. My system plays other sounds just fine.

Thanks,

Tom

Soarhead

Post by Soarhead » Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:11 am

As soon as I connected an external monitor to my laptop via HDMI the sound went away in C2. The sound is set to output to the laptop's internal speakers. All other applications output sound normally. Only C2 has a problem.

Problem solved. In Windows Settings, turned off the external monitor. Started Condor2. In Settings, turned off sound. Closed Condor2. Restarted Condor2 and turned the sound and 3D sound on. Went flying and sound was working. Exited the flight but left Condor2 running. In Windows Settings, turned on the external HDMI display. Tried flying in Condor2 again and the sound continued to work. Closed and restarted Condor2 -- sound still working.