Assigning Pedals to Rudder Controls

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

jdawson1@live.co.uk

Assigning Pedals to Rudder Controls

Post by jdawson1@live.co.uk » Sat May 05, 2018 8:15 pm

Hi there,
Can anyone help in terms of assigning pedals to rudder controls? The system being used is Windows 7 with a USB plug in from CH Pro Pedals. Joystick and mouse working fine.
I've been through CONTROL PANEL section of Windows and double checked via calibration etc that everything is working - and it is.
The pedals work fine on other simulators and even on Condor 1.06 which picks them up no problem. However I cannot get Condor2 to recognise any input from them, when assigning controls via the INPUT section of SETUP. It seems that others have had this problem (and allegedly sorted it) but haven't posted any explanation of how they managed to do so. I have been advised to post this in this hardware section. Any help would be much appreciated.

bordersgc

Re: Assigning Pedals to Rudder Controls

Post by bordersgc » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:38 pm

Hi J Dawson

I notice that nobody has taken the trouble to answer your question. I have the same the same problem with the same pedals. I contacted support@condorsoaring.com and somebody called Chris Wedgewood said 'We can't recommend and(sic) stick and pedals. Please ask in the Condor Forum. You've asked the question already to a deafening silence. £80 down the pan?

Tim

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:12 am

Im using the same pedals in my simpit (alongside a MS FFB2 stick and a leobodnard controller) and have had no problems at all. I am using windows 10, but that shouldnt make much difference. Are you using some software or drivers for the joystick that may interfere? I seem to recall others solved similar problems by uninstalling the software that comes with the stick, and just use MS built in drivers, but I could be remembering that wrong. FWIW, Im not using any third party drivers or software for the controllers (apart from joy2key so I can map toe brakes to a key)

bordersgc

Post by bordersgc » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:06 pm

bordersgc wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:38 pm

.....somebody called Chris Wedgewood said 'We can't recommend and(sic) stick and pedals'. Please ask in the Condor Forum.

I wonder if he meant 'WE can't recommend .... stick and pedals' or if he meant 'We can't RECOMMEND.... stick and pedals'?

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:37 pm

There are no specific recommended pedals (MS FFB2 is generally recommended as stick) afaik, as any set of pedals supported by windows ought to work. There is certainly no recommendation against using pedals and a large number of condor pilots use them.

bordersgc

Post by bordersgc » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:41 pm

janjansen wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:12 am
Im using the same pedals in my simpit (alongside a MS FFB2 stick and a leobodnard controller) and have had no problems at all. I am using windows 10, but that shouldnt make much difference. Are you using some software or drivers for the joystick that may interfere? I seem to recall others solved similar problems by uninstalling the software that comes with the stick, and just use MS built in drivers, but I could be remembering that wrong. FWIW, Im not using any third party drivers or software for the controllers (apart from joy2key so I can map toe brakes to a key)

I'm using a CH Flight Stick Pro and CH Pro (Rudder) Pedals which worked fine with the original Condor. If it is necessary to update these 'oldie but goody' peripherals then so be it; hence my request for recommended replacements. However the support folk don't recommend sticks and/or rudder pedals (read that as you will) which seems an anathema considering it's a flight sim. I don't wish to throw good money after bad, so (in the absence of 'official' support) if anyone can let me know what they use and what definitely works, I'll be happy to be 'steered'.

Thanks in advance

Tim

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:45 pm

Like I said, I have used the exact same pedals as you with no problems, and I know several others have too. Old or not, CH Pro and Saitek Pro Flight are basically the only two pedals that are widely available (and they arent older than the MS FFB2 stick) Reread my previous post and see if that helps.

Rotareneg

Post by Rotareneg » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:52 am

My CH Fighterstick and Pro Pedals both work just fine in Condor 2, but I'm using Windows 10, so perhaps there's something Windows 7 specific going in here (I do have the CH software installed.)

bordersgc

Post by bordersgc » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:58 pm

Dear both

Thanks for confirming that my hardware is supported by the software. This confirms that my problem is/was configuration. As you may surmise from the 'was', I have successfully solved that problem. The PC started throwing memory exception errors and I suspect that that was caused by a rogue video driver....though why that would cause me to be unable to assign stick functions I have no idea. Anyway, I re-installed the operating system (Windows 7) and then calibrated the stick and rudder pedals through Windows. Re-installed Condor 2 and it all works as advertised. Stick functions can be assigned...the whole nine yards. All I needed was to have it confirmed that my hardware was compatible and I knew where to start looking.

My next challenge is to persuade Condor to span two screens. The two screens span perfectly in Windows but don't in Condor. Anyone any ideas? Finally where do I get the Scottish scenery from?

Thanks to all

Tim

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:11 pm

The condor team is essentially 2 part time people. You cant expect them to provide everyone detailed help with windows setups, we have forums for a reason. You asked here on sunday night and got a response here monday morning...

Condor should have no problems spanning 2 monitors. You can either configure a single stretched virtual desktop in your videodriver, or you can configure 2 (or more) independently rendered viewports in condor setup, which is particularly useful for triple angled monitors but this has some limitations that need fixing, like issues with zooming.

Scotland is available on condor-club:
https://www.condor-club.eu/viewscenery/242/?id=266

bordersgc

Post by bordersgc » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:15 pm

Happily, now all working. Thanks for replies. Wasn't aware that there are only two of you. To be fair, I initially only asked if my stick and rudder assemblies were compatible with Condor 2. However, all's now well and working properly. Next stop...three screens. Thanks for your work and your help.

Tim

janjansen

Post by janjansen » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:36 am

To be clear, Im not part of the condor development team, Im just a user. When I said "we" I meant that as the condor community.

Deane

Post by Deane » Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:31 pm

OK, here it is year 2022 and the 2 guys running Condor have STILL NOT fixed this problem.
My history: Many years ago was running Condor on Windows XP using my Saitek joystick and Saitek Pro Flight rudder pedals. All worked well!
Eventually bought a better computer that was running Win Vista. My rudder pedals no longer worked with Condor but they showed up in the Windows device test and worked fine there. Years go by with me using autorudder to get by after getting no answers from anyone from this and other sources. Just last fall I buy a new computer running Windows 10. Same as Vista, no recognition of my pedals during setup (still Condor 1). Yet they show up and function perfectly in the Windows device test! I just installed the factory Win10 drivers for them and still no go.
Will someone please tell me what is going on with Condor ignoring rudder pedals? I would like to purchase Condor 2 but NOT until Condor 1 will function with my pedals as I see other people are having this same problem with Condor 2. I would bet both versions use the excact same FLAWED code that is not working.
Dean

wickid

Post by wickid » Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:27 am

Deane wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:31 pm
OK, here it is year 2022 and the 2 guys running Condor have STILL NOT fixed this problem.
My history: Many years ago was running Condor on Windows XP using my Saitek joystick and Saitek Pro Flight rudder pedals. All worked well!
Eventually bought a better computer that was running Win Vista. My rudder pedals no longer worked with Condor but they showed up in the Windows device test and worked fine there. Years go by with me using autorudder to get by after getting no answers from anyone from this and other sources. Just last fall I buy a new computer running Windows 10. Same as Vista, no recognition of my pedals during setup (still Condor 1). Yet they show up and function perfectly in the Windows device test! I just installed the factory Win10 drivers for them and still no go.
Will someone please tell me what is going on with Condor ignoring rudder pedals? I would like to purchase Condor 2 but NOT until Condor 1 will function with my pedals as I see other people are having this same problem with Condor 2. I would bet both versions use the excact same FLAWED code that is not working.
Dean
Condor 1 is not supported anymore. There will not be any updates or patches for it.
PH-1504, KOE

Paul_UK

Post by Paul_UK » Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:44 pm

My father uses Saitek Pro Rudder pedals with Condor 2 and I use Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals with Condor 2. Both PC's are running Windows 10 and have no problems.
2018 - Silver Badge complete - Forgot I could claim for the 100km diploma flying an out and return :oops:
2019 - Get up to speed and aim for a 300km task?! maybe.....