Install on to Mac Book Pro, Using Crossover

Moderators: Uros, Tom, OXO

bobpye

Install on to Mac Book Pro, Using Crossover

Post by bobpye » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:29 pm

Ok I am pretty hopeless at this wine bottle stuff, Ive been using Crossover to run CU & Silent Wings both work 9/10.
Tried to install Condor2 using default wine bottle as Windows 8, It loads the main Menu but fails to do much else.
Has anyone managed to install Condor 2 onto Mac using crossover.
MacBook Pro 13", 2.8Ghz Core i5, 8Gb 1600Mhz, Intel Iris 1536MB, Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.3
anyone any thoughts.

Brian Holmes

Re: Install on to Mac Book Pro, Using Crossover

Post by Brian Holmes » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:14 am

Sorry, can't help with Crossover. However I am able to run Condor 2 well on my Late 2015 iMac using the Boot Camp feature and Windows 10. Of course the down side is you need a copy of Windows to use Boot Camp and you have to re-boot to play...

I'm surprised to hear the other sims work OK with Crossover -- maybe I should look into it! Hope you figure out a solution that works for you.
Brian Holmes (BH4)

bobpye

Post by bobpye » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:33 pm

Just trying to avoid the whole Bootcamp thing. CU runs well in Crossover. Thanks Bobs

acepilot

Post by acepilot » Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:00 am

It's 2013 now, let's revist this topic.

Parallels 19 was good, but emulators have it's limit. For some scenaries the FPS is < 5, impossible to play.
Other scenaries was 8, 10, 20... OK, but I wanted more. My feeling is >=10, flyable.

So, I am trying to shift to CrossOver (the WINE project). This software layer acts as a translator between Win and Mac APIs.
I am assuming better graphic performance, then emulators.

--------------------------
PC Apple MacBook Pro M1 Max 64GB
OS MacOS Sonoma 14.0
CrossOver 23.5 (there is a 14 day free trial)
create the bottle, turn on DXVK option (Is this Direct11 ?)
Condor 2.1.8
--------------------------

With the above configuration, the minimum is running for me, activation of game, settings menu and flight school.
Sound is working, assigning joystick (Microsoft Force Feedback 2) buttons works too,

Problems (so far)
  • free flight does not work
    It hangs when you press the button.
    I think the child window is not shown in the front. You will be forced to reboot the bottle.
  • "Shift+D" does not work
    I am interested in the graphincs performance measured by FPS (frames per second), but C2 in CrossOver is not
    recognizing "Shift+D". It does handle other 1 key presses such as (A, G, F, V, B, N, P, tab), so I assume it is a key mapping issue.
  • have not tried online yet
I also think C2 needs to use DirectX12 or even port to Mac using the new tool from Apple.
---
Best Regards,
Atsushi Isobe

acepilot

Post by acepilot » Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:27 pm

"Shift+D" does not work

The work around is "Ctrl + Shift + D".
---
Best Regards,
Atsushi Isobe

soapaddy

Post by soapaddy » Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:10 pm

Yes, it's working… but you get a message at the beginning “method 'size' not supported by automation object". You can't see any trees and free flight is not working (the selection window is not showing up)

But @condorteam you really should try to run condor on mac! asap!

You can set all settings to max and play in 5k – without any fan noice! (14" M2Pro)

Settings in Crossover:
-Win10
- retina mode
- msync
- DXVK on
- Metal off

kalorama

Post by kalorama » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:19 pm

Tried this on whiskey (M1 mac mini, 16GB memory). I noticed the same problem with freeflight -- BTW this can happen when running under windows also; Condor 2 doesn't behave well with either its windows or mouse seizing behavior. I couldn't get past the "loading landscapes" phase. Hopefully Condor 3 will play a little nicer with emulators (and windows/mice in general)